[✩] Chapter One

In the Town of Magnolia

The day had just begun for the people of Magnolia. The Sun was only just rising, but the villagers were already out and about. Amongst them was a cloaked figure, staying towards the outside of the crowds.

"I'm home."

The person said to themself in wonder. They made their way to the middle of the town with purpose.

In the Guildhall of Fairy Tail

The Celestial Mage of Fairy Tail, Lucy Heartfillia, sat at the bar with her elbows on the counter and her head resting on her hands. A plate filled with eggs and bacon was placed in front of her abruptly. "Morning, Lucy!" The chipper voice of Mirajane called out. 

"Morning Mira," Lucy said, sounding tired. 

"Rough night?" Mira asked. 

"No, I was just woken up early by Natsu." 

Mira giggled. "He can be very hyperactive in the mornings. Is there a reason?"

Lucy looked over to the job board, where Natsu was fighting with Gray. "He can be. He wanted to go on a job with Team Natsu today." 

Mira nodded in understanding. "Well, Eat up while you can! And have a good day, Lucy, I'll be waiting for the job request!" Mira exchanged smiles with Lucy then slid on over to where Gajeel had sat down on the other side of the bar. Lucy began eating her eggs and bacon as she watched Gray and Natsu be pulled apart by Erza.

Lucy smiled to herself. The mundane feeling of it all never failed to make her happy.

The doors of the Guildhall opened and Lucy saw a cloaked individual walk in. Some turned to look at them, but the individual hurriedly walked past everyone. They made their way towards Gramp's Office. They were stopped at the top of the stairs by Laxus, but after a bit Laxus moved out of the way and the person continued on their way.

Everyone who saw the exchange was silent for a bit, but that didn't last long as someone threw a chair at another person and a brawl broke out. "Luceee!" Happy cried out as he flew towards Lucy. 

"Hey, Happy." Lucy smiled. 

"Natsu's being mean." He drew out the word 'mean', resembling a small child with his pout. 

"What's he doing?" Lucy asked, playing along. 

"He doesn't want to share my fish!" Happy exclaimed.

Lucy snorted and Happy's pout became more pronounced. "Lucee!!" He cried out, but the look in his eyes Lucy knew he wasn't truly upset. Lucy was about to tease the exceed, but was stopped by the sound of Gramps calling for everyone's attention.

"Fairy Tail!" He shouted from the second floor. He was balancing on the railing, hands behind his back. He was teary-eyed. Lucy frowned, worried. Everyone looked at him. Once he knew he had everyone's attention, he started.

"I've been– I've been informed that one of our own has been returned to us." He said. People started to quietly speak to each other, shocked. "I'd like to welcome back Lisanna Strauss!" He finished, grandly.

The murmurs turned into loud protests, outraged yells. Mirajane was staring at Gramps. Hurt shone in her eyes, but even brighter was the pure, raw hope. Elfman was clenching his jaw, a hand on Mirajane's shoulder. He was staring too, gaze stony. Gramps held up a hand and everyone quieted down.

"I know, you don't believe me. But, I've spoken to her. She truly is our Lisanna." Gramps says, surely. Lucy looked around, watching as her guildmates slowly began to absorb that information. It didn't take long before someone shouted happily and people converged on her.