Discoteque Juliet

Summary;
In which Scott has been pining over Allison for four years and finally gets a chance to win her affections at a school dance.
_______

She took my arm
I don't know how it happened
We took the floor and she said,
"Oh don't you dare look back,
Just keep your eyes on me,"
I said, "You're holding back,"
She said, "shut up and dance with me!" This woman is my destiny

Shut and Dance With Me, Walk The Moon

.......

The lights in the gym were off, faces illuminated by nothing but flashes of color spinning round and round. Giant speakers were set up, where a DJ stood at his turn table, and they vibrated along with the bass.

Presently, Allison Argent stumbled her way into the gym after her best friend Lydia Martin, upset that she had to leave her purse - which contained her flask - at the door. It was no fair at all, boys could fit these things in their pockets.

"Wipe that pout off your face!" cheered Lydia, who'd managed to get in some jiggle-juice before their arrival, "No boy wants to dance with some sulky girl in the corner."

"Lydia! Allison!" called their friends - more like adoring fans, as it always is as the most popular girls at Beacon Hills High.

"Malia! Kira, you look amazing!" squealed Lydia, excitedly dashing over to them and forgetting Allison's existence.

Allison, however, didn't bother to follow. She could not get through a school dance sober, it smelled like sweat and all the guys were unappealingly horny. For the sake of her friends' happiness, though, she slowly made her way over to the circle of dancing teens.

"I bet I could spike that punch bowl," Stiles Stilinski confirmed to his friend, Scott McCall, who merely shrugged.

"No, like I seriously think I can. You distract the chaperones and I'll-"

"Stiles you're a fucking idiot," shot Scott, "And you know it." Stiles's dad was a police officer, and was currently on patrol. There was no way Papa Stilinski wouldn't see through this.

This earned an eye-roll from Stiles, who was already annoyed, "Scott, why can't you just try to have fun?"

His friend's eyes scanned the crowd before locking onto a specific dancer; Allison Argent, who was now smiling broadly and dancing with Lydia in the most sexy way possible.

"Because look at her!" mused Scott, "She's right there, as always. How am I supposed to have fun when there's this constant reminder of the girl I'll never be able to have. Four years, Stiles. I've liked her since freshman year."

They were all Seniors now, and the Back-To-School dance seemed like the beginning of the end for most. But Scott couldn't wait to graduate and hopefully move on - move on from her.

A small, almost inaudible noise escaped from deep in Scott's throat. As he watched, Allison's arms played off of Lydia's, and she swayed her hips magnificently to the rhythm of the song. Pure, unadulterated torture.

Stiles cleared his throat, attempted to make Scott feel better, "If it helps, she's not even the hot one."

Scott looked at Stiles like he'd just said that werewolves were a real thing, "What?"

Shrugging, Stiles swirled his fruit punch in his cup, "I'm just saying. Lydia Martin in a goddess on Earth."

As he spoke, Lydia dropped it to the floor and slowly rolled back up against a random Junior guy, whose eyes boggled.