Chapter Ten

"What do you mean we have to hold hands the entire time?" Lesley exclaimed, horrified with what Gusion said.

Did I just get scammed by this tyrant Grand Duke? Lesley thought and smacked herself mentally. Ugh Lesley, you're such an idiot for falling into this trap!

"The magic protection system can easily identify you as a trespasser if you don't have a pass or imperial blood in you. I just don't want you to get hurt, my lady." Gusion explained as he squeezed her hand.

Lesley flinched. If felt different because she was not wearing gloves. She could feel his warm hands fully.

She cleared her throat, "You should have told me about that before entering the imperial library, Your Grace."

"It slipped in my mind." The Grand Duke said nonchalantly.

Scammer! Lesley shouted in her mind. She badly wanted to hit him but he was rhe Grand Duke.

She sighed, "Let's just get started so we can go out already."

"You don't want to read some books after the discussion?" Gusion asked her.

With us, holding hands like this? Never gonna happen, male lead! "I can do that next time when I have the imperial pass with me."

"Next time? You will come here again next time?" He said with slight excitement in his voice.

Lesley facepalmed internally before giving him an awkward smile, "If I can."

Absolutely not! Never!

"I'll hold onto that, my lady." Gusion said, "This way please."

He lead her to the second floor— or more on like a mezzanine floor since it was only a portion above the ground floor. It was like a private area in the imperial library.

There was a table near a big window. Also, there was a reading nook by the window.

On the table, there was a tea set prepared, desserts, and a basket full of berries— strawberries, bluberries, raspberries, and blackberries.

Oh goodness! These are all my favorites!

Lesley salivated at the sight of berries. It was kinda hard to buy those in Southern Paxley because berries only grew in Northern Paxley for having cold climate.

But she composed herself since she was here to discuss about coffee and not to get swayed by food.

"Shall we eat first before discussion?" The Grand Duke said as he placed the chairs next to each other.

She facepalmed internally. She nearly forgot that they had to hold hands the entire time.

Lesley mumbled thank you after Gusion guided her to sit on the chair before sitting next to her.

Gusion got the tea pot while she arranged the tea cups. They had to help each other since they could only used one hand because they were holding hands.

While Gusion was pouring the teas, Lesley couldn't stop herself and grabbed one strawberry to eat. She closed her eyes to savor the sour yet sweet taste of strawberry.

She put another one in her mouth when she realized that she was with the Grand Duke. She looked at him to see that he was staring at her.

She quickly swallowed the strawberry without chewing it and bowed to him, "I apologize, Your Grace. That is rude of me."

"It's okay, I can tell that it's your favorite." Gusion said after placing the cup of tea in front of her.

"Well..." She let out an awkward laugh, "Yes, it's my favorite. Since berries only grow in the Northern Paxley, it's kinda hard to find them here in the South."