Untitled Part 2

I'm practically begging now. "Marissa, you can't leave me here!"I hissed angrly. She just laughed a little and said, "Look, I know I said I'll be there for you when that happens, but I can't right now. Joe is  f i n a l l y taking me to dinner and he'll be here any minute now."

"It won't take long I promise! You just come through the cafe and say you've been looking for me and we've got to go now. It'll literally take you 5min, you live across the road!" I say. "Okay, let's do it on the phone. You go sit down at your table and I "unexpectedly" call you and say that you have to come. Sounds good?" she sugests. "It sounds cheap,"I shrug, "but fine. Whatever."

So I stand up from the toilet seat and go to the cafe area. Jonathan spots me coming towards our table and smiles to me sweetly. Oh, why did I agree on coming here with him? I smile awkwardly to him already feeling regret for what's going to follow now.

"Sorry for that,"I apologize for nothing. "It's nothing," he responds. At least we agreed on that. I see, he's desperately trying to think of a topic to discuss. Neither of us says anything. Ughh, Marissa, any time now! "So about the art gallery I ...." he started, but just then Marissa decided to call. Why is everything soooo awkward! 

"Excuse me, " I apologize again and pretend to look at the phone, "I have to take this. Is that okay?" He nods eagerly. 

"Yes, what wrong?" I ask. "My liner isn't symmetrical to the other,"Marissa answers emotionlessly. "That badly?" I ask seriously. "Yes, I think I'm gonna incriminate the liner company. Now where is my eye makeup remover?" she mutters something carelessly while retreating from the phone and mushing something against  the microphone probably looking for makeup remover. I try to seem concerned, "You want me to come right now?" 

"Oh shit, Joe said he'll be here in 2!" I hear her exclaiming. "Okay, I'm goming. Stay calm!"and I put my phone away while tugging my jacket trying to signal that I'm about to leave. "I'm really sorry," AGAIN, "but my friend's in a big trouble right now. I gotta go. I'll make it up to you somehow, okay?" I shouldn't have said that, that's too cruel.

"Oh, okay! Don't worry! Things happen," he tries to comfort me. And I say, "Okay then, bye!" How very tactless of me. When I exit I see Joe pull up. I wave to him, he waves back and walks up towards Marissas front door. I start to walk with "hurry" in my dorm direction. It'll only take me 10 minutes and then I'll be home and I can finish my music history essay before going to another party with my friends. 

I'm so grateful for them for welcoming my to their friends group. After the first party we've been meeting up frequently. I do appreciate their company compared the lonely weeks I went through when I first arrived. Now it doesn't even disturb me, if Marissa isn't around. Tonight for an example, I'm going with Olivia, Jake, Sofia and Claire to some party at the university corporation house.

I finished my essay and started to read over it again when Olivia knocks on the door. I look at the time, it's been 2h now. And I even haven't got changed! At least I did my party makeup. "Helloo! Let me in!"Olivia shouts. I laugh at her impatience and open the door. "Sorry, kind of lost the track of time,"I said," aand it'll take me a minute to get dressed."

"Yeah, yeah. Jake's in the car, it'll do him good to wait for me once in a while,"said Olivia. I chose a black mini dress with a neon pink waist part, knowing I have worn it already too many times in a row. But it'll have to do, besides I love that dress, it shows off all my best sides. Slim waist and wide hips in comparison look curvy and nice while the skirt part hides the umcomfortable upperthigh thing going on. And let's be honest, my bust looks as good as ever. That's the dress with what I don't really need to fish for compliments.

"Damn it, giirl, you look good!"she compliments. I knew this dress wouldn't let me down. "You're not so bad yourself! Shall we go?" I ask as I grab my black denim jacket, keys and my phone. She is already out the door, "Sure!"