CHAPTER 5: Life or Death?

One day, I was feeling very very sad and depressed. My medicines worked, but only for a short period of time. After a while, I start feeling sad again... So I'll tell you how I came across the hardest decision in my life:

To live... or to die..?

That day, I had a very hard day hunting with my new friends. I returned home mad and almost crying. I didn't want to speak to anyone.

Suddenly, I saw my medicine bottles on my desk, so I opened it and took my dairy two pills... but I felt that two weren't enough, so I started taking one more pill. And another... And another... And another one... Until both bottles were empty.

My stomach started aching. I held my stomach with both hands and I started vomiting... my body was struggling to survive this overdose. I felt so weak and I fainted on my bed but my body started jerking while I was unconscious.

Suddenly, Jill entered my room and saw me in that state.

JILL- SLENDERMAN!!! CALL NURSE ANN!!! PLEASE!! JACK VOMITED AND HE'S HAVING SEIZURES!!

When I woke up, I was connected to various machines. Including a heart monitor, an artificial ventilator and machines that were hydrating and feeding me intravenously.

ME- What... happened?- I asked faintly.

ANN- You overdosed yourself. Why did you do that?

ME- Isaac's voice from my nightmares told me to...

ANN- This is more serious than I thought...

She advised Jill not to leave me alone 24/7...

When I healed, Jill started her guardian function. When I slept, when I took a bath, etc...

One day, taking advantage that Jill left me alone taking a bath... the voice returned and started telling me to die. I submerged my head face down in the bath tub. I didn't have time to faint, Jill pulled my face out of water. I coughed water out of my throat and I breathed heavily.

JILL- Jack!!! Please don't do it!!

I hugged Jill.

ME- I want to die... Jill...

Days, weeks, months and years passed.

Jill stayed with me all the time comforting me every night I cried myself to sleep... She was very kind. I didn't know why, but when I was with her, my depression fade away a little bit... I was falling in love with her.

 I was falling in love with her

credits to Isabel U.R. for this picture.

I must admit that my life quality improved a lot being with Jill and I felt more and more better.

So I made the decision: I wanted to live, Jill is my only reason of living :).

To be continued...