Chapter 1

---------

“Uhm, Katherine Blair.” A messy looking man stood in front of a receptionist office desk, “Doctor Blair. Therapist.” His voice, quite gruff and scruff-y as if he was out of breath when speaking. 

“I’m sorry.. Uh” the woman sat behind the desk stretched into an awkward smile at the man,

“Graham, Will Graham.” he now twisted his hat in his hands as he answered his name to her.

“I’m sorry Mister Graham but Dr Blair resigned last week. Did you have an appointment or…?” she questioned the man now.

“Ah.. No. No I didn’t we uh- we were supposed to. Well my boss called to set up a session here. Uhm Jack Crawford?”

“I’ll take a look”

She began typing into her keyboard and he watched as each false nail clashed into the keys creating a clicking noise. She sniffed her nose and swiped her nostril up with a finger before clicking on a file. He watched her eyes dash across the screen reading each letter. She cleared her throat as she continued to read. Will opened his mouth to speak before being interrupted.

“Miss Pridget.” The strong but delicious smell of an intoxicating aftershave crept up behind Will almost pulling him into an embrace. He felt a taller and bigger figure stand behind him shielding him from the unnatural light hanging from the ceiling. 

The woman’s eyes went large as she tucked her hair behind her ears with a flash as a warm crimson set on her already blushed cheeks. He was surprised it showed past the layers of makeup he saw caked onto her face.

“Ah Miss Pridget I can take off this.” His voice was monotone but Will could almost hear a smile in his voice causing him to spin towards the voice.

Behind him stood a man of a tall build with quite large arms compared to the scrawny, shorter man in front of him. His hair began to turn a crisp grey behind the brunette locks that were neatly styled to his head, swiped and combed back. He wore a grey suit with a red tie. His entire person looked neat and proper. This caused Will to flush with embarrassment as he stood in a couple days old  checked shirt and ordinary black jeans, still fumbling with his hat in his hands. His hair was not even brushed and his glasses thrown on his nose above his un-kept peach fuzz growing into a slight beard. 

“You must be Will Graham” the man held his hand out with a slight smile,

“Uh yes,” he cleared his throat, “Yes I am.” The other man’s smile grew larger at him as the corner of his eyes crinkled.

“I’m sure this is a surprise. I’m not, as you could guess, Katherine Blair” he laughed a little to himself. “My name is Doctor Lecter, Hannibal.” 

Will blinked a couple times and then took his hand, which was held out in front of him, in a handshake.

Hannibal looked over Will’s shoulder to the woman who was now wearing red lipstick and twirling her hair around her finger, “Thank you Miss Pridget, I’ll be taking him from now on.” She let out an unsatisfied chuckle and Will heard her scoff as they walked away.

“I apologise Will but if you’d be okay with it I’ll be taking over Katherines sessions now. Some difficulties with her… Personality has caused her to resign. She was quite rude.” His gaze swept down to the ground for a moment with a slight grin before returning Will’s gaze. 

They entered a nameless office and he held the door open for the younger boy to pass. He took a seat opposite the desk as Hannibal sat behind it.

“I usually take patients home,” he cleared his throat a moment and continued despite Will’s sudden blush, which he ignored, “For sessions I mean. I don’t work in an office. Not enough… Privacy.”