Chapter 8: Sweater Off Dead

A/N: There's going to be some changes in this chapter. It is a Cuphead x Reader after all so hope you all enjoy!

TITLE CARD NOT MINE!

Disclaimer: SPOILERS FOR THE SHOW and cussing. (& possible cringe)
_______________________________________________

Cuphead POV

Man, what a great morning to have breakfast while enjoying a nice comic book to read. I even think about how Y/N is doing now and then. I hope she comes here again today.

I hear Elder Kettle finishing the pancakes and flipping them over to me first. I kicked my foot onto the table to grab my plate and catch all the pancakes in one go. Mugsy tried to do the same but they all missed and hit the wall instead.

I noticed that four of them fell to the floor except for one. Mugs pulled one off the wall to reveal a demon like face on the wall, slithering its tongue out! I broke out with shock as it grabs Mugman.

Mugman: "Cuphead, save me!" He cried out after me while I tried to grab him. But it soon faded into a regular wall.

"Mugman!!!" I pushed against the wall, trying to get to Mugs. "Elder Kettle! Help!!" I turned to Elder Kettle. He soon turns around, revealing that he's a skelton. He fell into a pile of bones before my eyes. "No!" I soon heard something coming up near my window and smashed through the glass.

Goat: "Remember me?" He spoke in the form of a goat and a voice I know oh so well...

"Y-yes. I think of you often, goat from the front yard." I chuckled nervously as the flames surrounded me and the goat.

Devil: "Your soul is mine!" He slowly turned into the Devil as I screamed in terror as he laughed, taking my soul away.

I soon had to scream out loud, waking myself up and falling out of bed.

Third POV

Cuphead fell to the ground, making quite a noise that woke up Mugman. Mugs just groaned and looked down to see Cuphead, still on the ground.

Mugman: "You had that dream again, didn't you?"

Cuphead: "It's nothing." He said as he stands up. "The Devil probably has a huge operation to run. He's not too worried about little old me." He chuckled nervously as sweat dripped off his forehead.

Lord knows how many nights it has been since Cuphead had these nightmares for. Mugman had enough of this.

Mugman: "That's it! Let's go." He jumped off his bed and rummaged in the drawers.

Cuphead: "Where? It's the middle of the night!"

Mugman: "We're dealing with this devil thing once and for all." He replied as he threw his clothes at him.

Cuphead: "This is crazy! What do we-" He was then interrupted by his brother.

Mugman: "Trust me Cuphead, this one time. Can you just trust me?" Cups just sighed in defeat and nodded.

After they got dressed and ready, they head out into the night, facing through the wind and the howling wolves.

Back to Y/N POV