An Encounter

It was a rainy afternoon when Henry Emily came back from his walk, heading in the direction of his car - rainbow umbrella bobbing above his head - when he spotted a lone silhouette of a person quietly leaning on a large tree. He walked towards the tree and the closer he got, he realised that it was not a normal person at all. His pupils shrunk and he clenched his fists as he looked disgustedly at the horrifically torn and twisted figure of Burntrap, carelessly tossed against the tree, endlessly gazing at the paved floor. The rain was rusting the mangled animatronic corpse even further and he could hear its broken voice box crackling from when people had trodden on it or kicked it aside. Henry thought about all the pain and damage William had done to his life and was about to lift up his foot but stopped and sighed, covering his face with his hands.

"I can't believe I'm doing this..." he groaned, checking no one was nearby, and slipped on his gloves because mouldy robots are probably not the best things to touch with your bare hands. He grimaced as his gloved fingers made contact with Burntrap and once he got a firm grip, he began dragging it across the ground but only a few seconds later, he put his hands on his knees and took a few slow breaths. He did not expect it to be this heavy.

"This. Is going to be harder than I thought."

He stood up, puffed out his chest and held onto Burntrap once again. This time he actually managed to get it halfway to his car.

"(Huff), I can (huff) do this!"

When Henry finally got Burntrap into the car, he swore he saw its eyes flicker but he thought nothing of it and started the car.

"And now," he sighed, "to home."