Scarlette's Perspective

"ENOUGH!" She yelled over the chaos. She was splattered in dried blood, and her spear was matching as she marched menacingly toward them. "What's going on?" The dog girl and some other guy were screaming at each other, and it seemed like the perfect time for her to step in. "What's going on here?" Scarlette asked.

They both immediately start yelling over each other.

"River said we could choose-"

"River said we had to get our jobs done fast-"

"So I was going to work on hauling-"

"And he was going too slow-"

Scarlette let out a loud sigh, before pulling her fingers to her lips and letting out a screeching whistle. It caught not only the attention of the two people in front of her but also the attention of everyone else currently in the camp. "No talking over each other, you," She points at the girl with dog ears, "explain what's happening."

Scarlette was impressed by her assertiveness. Something about being in such a bizarre and wonderful new world had filled Scarlette with confidence missing from her previous life.

"River told us that we needed to speed up a bit on getting everything built up and put together because it's starting to get colder. I suggested that Micah start gathering fruits and vegetables rather than hauling wood because he was clearly struggling with the weight."

"I was not!"

"Hey! It's my turn!"

Scarlette waved for the girl to keep going despite Micah's interruption.

"But, when I told him I would switch jobs with him, he threw a fit! He said he could do it, even though clearly I was the better option considering I have enhanced strength."

Scarlette waited for a second to see if she would go on. When she seemed to be done Scarlette nodded, and waved her hand toward the guy to indicate he tell his side of the story.

"River said we could choose what job we want to help with, and since I have lots of experience hauling wood from the old world I chose to keep doing what I know. I was just doing my job when suddenly Ella here comes up and starts trying to replace me just because she has dog ears!"

A growl resounds from the newly named Ella.

Scarlette holds back a frown at Micah's words. Insulting people with their physical appearance always leaves a sour taste in Scarlettes mouth, and Micah turning Ella's new traits into an insult doesn't sit right with her. However, she bites her tongue. Something about it seems off...Micah's hands are shaking, and she can see red indicating scabs. Why would he keep pushing himself when he has a clear out of this job? It hits Scarlette suddenly.

"-and since I have lots of experience hauling wood from the old world I chose to keep doing what I know.-"

Scarlette's eyes widen softly, and her shoulders relax. She was so excited to be in a new and beautiful place, she hadn't even considered any other possibilities.

"Okay, okay. Let's all just calm down and take a deep breath. I see why both of you are frustrated."

She watched as the two of them took reluctant deep breaths.

"Clearly Ella, you want to be as helpful as you can, and Micah you want to share your experience on how to do it right. So how about both of you work together? Micah you can chop down the trees because you know how to do it safely, you can work together to chop it into smaller pieces, and Ella can carry them back to base."

"Who will take over gathering food?" Ella asks, looking significantly calmer.

"Tonight we don't need a gatherer, because I just killed a deer large enough for all of us to eat tonight. Tomorrow I will take over gathering food, we don't really need a hunting group of four anyway." Scarlette explained. When they still seemed a little unsure, Scarlette looked for her trump card. Spotting him a few feet away watching the whole fiasco, she asks, "Is that good with you, River?"