12 || Well, what a great way to start the year! || Smell like teen spirit

Is the first day of school for Care and the girls. Alaric convince me to help him out in keeping an eye on Elena. So we plan. To make me be able to go to school and not raise suspicion, I apply as a teacher assistant. I went with the fake credentials that Bobby sent me. The only real thing in them is my name. So now I'm Naira Forbes, Whitmore College student doing credits at Mystic Falls High School to be able to graduate at the end of the year. The good thing about been a 'T.A.' is that I just have to be a couple of hours at the school and not the whole day. Which is great.

"Care! Hurry up or we are going to be late!" I yelled. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" She yells back.  I'm at the door waiting for her. Arms cross on my chest and tapping my foot. Five minutes later I see her coming down the stairs. "I'm here, I'm here!" she says and then looks up and sees me. "Oh my God, Nani! You look cutesy!" And then she starts laughing. "Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. I channeling my inner Caroline." I murmured. "You did not!" She gasped. "You bet I did!" I smirked.

We get in the car and 10 minutes later, we arrived at school. I see Bonnie and Elena waiting in the parking lot. When we reach them Care said "Here we are. Senior year." Bonnie looks at us then to the school and says "Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" My optimistic little sister answers "Okay. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on." I snort "A bust? More like a dumpster fire." Care glares at me. "What? Did I lie?" Bonnie smiles while shaking her head and comments to Caroline. "You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?"

"Yes! And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day." My sister added. "Today's our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year." Elena who's been extra quiet said. "That's kind of sad." I murmured. "Yeah. You win." Said Cary. "Are you sure you want to be here?" Bonnie asked her. "I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year. New life." Elena answered. I sighed "I already regret agreeing to do this." I start to walk towards the school and Elena follows and after a few seconds Caroline and Bonnie do too.

𖣔↞ ― ༌ ⋆ ✰ ☾ ☀︎ ⋆ ༌ ― ↠𖣔

Later that day Caroline has me putting up a flyers with her on the wall about the 'Spirit Squad Back-to-school Bonfire'. I spot Elena talking on the phone. "I'm going to check on her." I said to Care. "I go with you." She answered. When we reach her I give her a flyer. She looks at it. "I forgot about the bonfire." She murmured. "You have to go. It's our first spirit squad event. And it sets the bar for the whole year." Caroline almost begs her. I rolled my eyes. "Relax, Caroline. I'll be there." Elena placates her. "Thank you. It's just that—" Caroline starts to say when Tyler suddenly arrives and kisses her. "OK. Chill it, Romeo. Big sister right here." I said.

"Happy first day!" He said. I look at his shirt and see a red spot on it. Elena see it too because she asked "Is that blood?" Caroline freaks out "Oh my God!" Then she grabs Tyler and pulls him into the boys' restroom. Me and Elena follows them in. "What's going on?!" Tyler asked. "Vampire 101...don't wear your breakfast to school!" My sister scolds him. "Jesus, Care. Will you lower your voice? We don't need more people knowing about it." I said while Elena checks out the stalls to make sure no one is there. "Chill out. It was just a blood bag." He says with a placating tone. "From where?" She demands. "Rebekah hooked me up." Tyler answered. "Rebekah? And what are you even talking to her for?" Cary scoffed. "Klaus told her to keep a watch on me. Protect his new asset." He said proudly. "His what? Why are you amused by this?" My sister asked.