Chapter IV: un bal masqué (a masquerade ball)

*Nevelle's POV*
I caught the covered in snow artifact a second before the mirror disappeared. I guess I don't have any other choice but to keep up with this absurd mission. I looked to my hands and melted the snow surrounding the object, I stared at it, it was a beautiful golden medallion, wonder what this means to the prisoner?

I yawned, guess it's been a really tough day; I took off my dress and corset only leaving my chemise on, I walked to another spot of the cave and made a snow bed, I laid on it, it was comfy it felt like a really soft marshmallow. My eyes began to close as I started to left this world into my dream's one.

~(*o*)~

Slowly I opened my eyes to the sound of the birds from outside the cave, I sat on the bed and hopelessly looked around "I guess it wasn't a nightmare" I say to myself. I got up and exited the cave. Since I was way into the woods, no one was around; I stretched my arms as the warm breeze blew softly my black hair.

But then I hear a water splash, and being curious as I am I went to check out where it was coming from. Behind of where the cave was, there was this beautiful lake with a waterfall in the back; I gazed at the peaceful waters; I took off my chemise and stepped inside the lake, the sunshine touching my pale nude skin, then I dived in; it feels so calm, relaxing, it felt nothing like home, and I liked that.

After a long 'bath' I went back to the cave and from my beige suitcase I grabbed a dress with white peasant sleeves, a dark brown bodice and a honey brown skirt and put it on; I made my hair into a French braid; after that I went for a walk at the town.

How am I suppose to burst in and take a prisoner out of here? I thought while standing in front of the big castle's gates "aren't you excited Percy? Today's the queen 'after coronation' party! And it's going to be a masquerade ball!" I looked to the woman who said that "of course I am! It's wonderful that she's having another party because the first one didn't go very well, but I'm sure this one will be delightful!" The man next to her said. That's the perfect chance! Now I only have to get a new dress and a masquerade, well maybe also a suit and another masquerade for the prisoner...

~(*o*)~

I was sitting on a bench reading a book by the harbor, when I see people getting ready for tonight's party; I looked up to the sky, it was orange pink, I guess I should be getting myself ready too. Back at the cave I took off my dress and put on the one I got, it was a platinum evening gown decorated with blue flower patterns and a very low neckline off the shoulders. I put on a silver necklace, silver tasseled earrings and a silver bracelet on my right hand. I made my hair into a lace braided bun and put on a matching blue ribbon; I grabbed the bag where the prisoner's suit is, put on my silver mask, and I was ready to go.

-----------------------
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Frozen, I only own my OCs and the plot.