𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖘𝖎𝖙𝖊

𝔣𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔫 𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔩

𝔣𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔫 𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔩

An itch had struck through his forsaken body. Throbbing throughout his head. Busting into something mean. It was prominent. The smoke usually diffused his thoughts, yet today they played fog. One thought prominent. Sharp at the edges. The more he seemed to speak, the more he laughed and relished in the lavish life he set out for himself, the more taken aback he felt. If it were any other day, he would have taken the time to smile and admire the girl he dared to call his best friend, yet today? Today everything fell flat. His feet scattered on the road headed to nowhere. The clouds still, not dancing with the breeze. The moonlight hitting his glass face as if it were coated with tears. He stood. A boy in the middle of the town, headed nowhere, still, chaos aching to break him apart.

He sniffed, eyes glazed over the cityscape that twinkled miles away. He held his arms up, tilting his head back at the blow of the breeze. Her honey voice bubbling through his ears, yet her words weren't coherent. The only thing he could make out was his fate that stood ahead of him. A fate worser then death.

He gulped dryly, tears pricking his eyes, as his breaths were scattered. He dared to yell. He dared to buckle over with that anguish of fear. To scream, veins taut, ear shattering. Yet he couldn't. He couldn't even place what it was. The only thing he could place was the road ahead and he couldn't tell if he fancied it. If the immensity that overtook him was an adrenaline rush or if it was the weight of fear.

He turned his head, eyes on the convenience store that stood desolate besides him. His eyes lit up with an image of him. A faded image of himself in the store's glass windows.

He ached to spill his guts to the girl next to him, moonlight staining her russet skin blue, yet held her golden essence and her white curls that bounced as she spoke from not the force of substances but pure joy. Something he could never do. A wave crashed through him, had him begging for something, something that would be enough to leave her satisfied. An extra push that would ease every racing thought in his head.

Yet she denied. Moonlight glinting against her silver snake bites she shook her head. Hayden would have crumbled right then and there if she hadn't pulled him with that bright laugh. The two jogged to nowhere, her mouth racing with all the possibilities Hayden couldn't see. His breaths heavy as stared at the growing immensity of trees past the houses ahead. His feet thumping heavy against the road. His light jog had snapped into a heavy sprint. Hair leaping into the hair as he dashed past. Every push in acceleration, his heart eased. His heart rejoiced, pushing him further, faster. His eyes shut tight. His mind easing for it knew that five more miles and he'd be away. He wouldn't be nowhere, because he'd escaped. He'd rejoice that he finally made it. Lips tightening in a smile at the thought of it. Yet he'd fallen to the ground with a grunt. A chill sinking into him.