01

I was eating chips at the dining table when I felt a hard tug on my hair.

"Who the fuck?" I say before turning around.

"Vinnie, stop!" I yell smacking his arm.

"And why would I do that?" He laughs.

"Shut up." I say before continuing to eat.

"Is he bothering you?" My twin sister, Veralyn says as she sits down next to me.

"Yes. He just won't stop!" I say sitting back in my chair.

"Sometimes, I want to murder him." I say looking at him talking to his younger brother, Asher.

Knock Knock Knock

"I'll get it." I say getting up and wiping my hands on the sides of my leggings.

"Alayna! Rowan! Hey!" I say opening the door and hugging each of them.

Thank god, now I have a excuse to get away from him.

"Hey!" They both say walking inside.

"Layna!" I hear as I see my little sister, Macie running down the stairs.

"Hey, Mace!" Alayna says hugging Macie.

Macie and Alayna have always been close, Macie thinks of her as another older sister.

"I'm home!" My mom yells as she walks in the house carrying groceries.

"Val, can you help me put these away?" She says wobbling over to the fridge in attempt to not drop the bags.

"Do I have to?" I say with a annoyed tone in my voice.

"Yes, you do." She says putting away the milk.

"Fine." I say before feeling a push from behind me.

"Vinnie." I say clenching my jaw and fists.

"Wasn't me." He says shrugging his shoulders.

I roll my eyes before helping my mom.

•••

Me, Alayna and Rowan were sitting in my room talking.

"I'm bored." I say laying back on my bed.

"Me too." Rowan says tapping her nails on the side table.

"Hi." We hear as someone walks into my room closing the door behind them.

"Hey, Evelyne." I say as she takes a seat next to Alayna on my bed.

"What are y'all doing?" She says looking around.

"Nothing, we're quite bored actually." I say resting my chin on the palm of my hand letting out a small sigh.

"Let's go out." Evelyne suggests. "I don't know. Ever since I broke up with Grey, I prefer to stay in."

I say looking down. "Come on, Val. Give it a chance." Rowan rubbing my back.