Snowman

Hello! I am taking part in the 25 Days of the SCU, I hope my writing drive doesn't give out too soon

Anyway, the Universe I am writing: Rainbow Quest Aftermath
Location: The new Yellow Kingdom

The characters I will be using: Yellow Steve W/ a Leather Chestplate and Light Steve
————————————

Light Steve awoke, not knowing what to expect today, all he knew is he and his closest elite, Yellow Steve, more known as Yellow Steve with a Leather Chestplate, had been invited to stay at the Yellow Kingdom for the holidays, and since it was a casual visit Yellow was allowed to be more lax when it came to wearing his armour. He heard the sound of a fire crackling in the fireplace, since it was lit, he knew that meant Yellow was awake. A smile graced his face as he sat up, rubbing his eyes. He heard a soft chuckle, looking to where he heard the noise, "Good morning, sleepyhead!" He heard Yellow say in a cheery voice, making breakfast for the two of them. Light took a sniff, "Morning Yellow, that smells good." He felt all groggy, as he always did when he woke up.

"Thank you! It's cold today so I decided to make us some soup!" Ah, soup sounded wonderful. Light checked the time, 6am, early as usual as he and Yellow always woke up early due to being used to doing so. He got up and quickly got changed into some warmer clothing, before going and sitting at the table, a bowl of soup soon being placed in front of him, Yellow sitting beside him, placing his bowl of soup down as well. They ate their soup, speaking to each other as they did so, joking around, enjoying the quiet morning. It continued this way until they heard the faint noises of excitement from a few Steve's who had woken up in nearby houses. They looked at one another before hearing the unmistakeable word of..SNOW! That made Light get up and quickly rush outside, Yellow following close behind.

As soon as they got outside they looked around with wonder. Huge snowflakes were drifting from the sky, which was beautiful this fine morning, a soft grey that always felt so comforting when it was snowing like this. Light felt giddy. The last time he had seen snow he was still Shy Orange Steve. A bolt of childish excitement ran through him and he grinned the biggest grin Yellow had ever seen on him. Light looked at Yellow and began to bounce a little on his feet, "Yellow it's snowing so much!!" He exclaimed, eyes almost seeming to be glowing from excitement. Yellow had never seen Light so excited before, letting out a soft chuckle, he then looked around, the ground was covered in a thick snow, deep enough for fun snow activities. He saw other Yellow Steves rushing around in excitement, both young and old. He soon looked up to the castle, grinning as he saw the leader up at the top of the stairs, he too looked full of excitement.

Yellow saw Yellow Steves making snow angels, throwing snowballs and even making a whole bunch of snowmen. Light did too. Light looked at Yellow, "Yellow, let's make a snowman! Can we make a snowman?" Yellow nodded, a giggle escaping his lips, "Of course Light, there's always time to make a snowman." And with that, Light began collecting snow together onto a small ball, quickly rolling it together to make a bigger ball of snow, making what would be the base of the snowman. Yellow quickly began to do the same, making what would be the middle of the body, packing snow together and rolling it about. He looked at Light and saw that Light had made a nice sized base for the snowman, soon getting started on the head of the snowman. Yellow lifted the middle piece up, soon setting it down on the base, making sure it was on enough that it wouldn't roll off. He quickly moved out of the way for Light to place the head of the snowman on. Light stepped away, bringing a hand to his chin, tapping it thoughtfully, "Hm..it needs a face.." "Do we have any cobblestone in the chests? We might be able to knock a couple of stones loose and make a face!" "Good idea Yellow!" They both went back inside and went through the chests, Light found a block of cobblestone and Yellow found a carrot. Light knocked a good few stones loose, two for the eyes and about five for the mouth. They both rushed outside again, Yellow placing the carrot into the snowman as a nose, before Light added the stones in the places they needed to be. He paused again, "Well, now it has a face, but it needs arms too." "Don't worry I got it!" Yellow quickly dashed over to a tree, seeing a couple of loose sticks, perfect for snowman arms! He took the sticks and thanked to tree, dashing back to Light, "Here, you can put one arm in, I'll put the other in!" Light took the stick and pushed it into one side of the middle piece of the snowman, watching as Yellow did the same on the other side. Now the snowman had arms. Yellow beamed at Light, "Our snowman is absolutely perfect Light!" "It is! Although..it feels like it's still missing something..."

Yellow looked at him with a look of confusion, seeing him rush back inside. He shrugged and looked around again, seeing a good few snowmen had been built. He took a moment to smile softly when he saw a little Yellow Steve building a snowman with the help of the Yellow Leader, a precious sight to see, it was nice to see sights like these when it snowed. He heard a noise behind him and saw Light adding something to the snowman. He didn't know what Light was adding till Light backed away. A grey piece of fabric was wrapped around the snowman's head over its eyes, like a blindfold. He looked at Light, seeing a small, sad looking smile on his face, eyes tearing up slightly, "We made a snow Sabre.." He heard Light mumble softly. Yellow smiled sadly, wrapping an arm around Light to comfort him.

"..do you think he would like it?" Light asked softly, looking at him. Yellow took a moment before responding, "Oh Light..I think he would love it." And they stayed this way for while, sharing memories of times they spent with Sabre. What a wonderful day it was.

———————
This is the most words I have written in a bit, I actually love this a lot
I hope you all enjoyed

Final word count: 1132