Chapter 18

My pistol was still in my hand. I still have a chance.

Nora swung full force. My strength was low, but I used the rest of it to dodge the hit. My pistol formed to multiple daggers.

"Alright! Daggers! One blow to take her down!" I yelled.

Nora laughed, "One blow? I'm over half aura! How will it be possible?"

I threw my daggers in all areas of the ground. They dug into the soft soil quicker than what Nora could see.

"Let's only hope I can make this count." I whispered to myself.

I see Nora getting closer and closer by the second. While she did, I raised my hand. My daggers pierced through the ground, stretching their blades like they were spikes coming out of the ground.

"That's how." I said as her aura began to deplete rapidly.

Nora's aura went just above red. Me and her were both needing one more hit before it's game over. One of us is going to need to use the strength they had left to make that final blow. However, someone from the side line called out.

"Alright you two! That's enough. We're calling this match a tie. No ifs, ands, or buts." Blake stood between us.

"How about, we continue the fight until one of us is on our last breath, okay?" I told her.

"You know, you should put 'how abouts' on that list too. Kalak is a smart Alec." Auria said to Blake.

"You two will only try to kill yourself if you continue this fight." Blake told us.

"That's why I said 'until one of us is on our last breath.' Did you listen to even that part?" I asked Blake.

Blake stopped projecting our health bars and walked back to sit down, "Sorry, but no. We cannot kill each other."

I looked at Nora and she looked back at me. We nod to each other and decided to stop.

"Fine, you win, Blake." I walk over to my team.

Auria whispered to me, "Good job not using your semblance."

I smiled, "Thanks, but I really wanted to."

"Yo! We should head back it's getting late!" Yang yelled.

We all nodded and headed back to beacon. It didn't take long and it was dark out. We all said our goodbyes before going off to sleep.

"What a tiring day," I told the team, "But then again, I did fight Nora today."

After that, I was fast asleep. It didn't even feel like hours when I heard a knock on the door. I got up and opened it. It was Ruby. The sun was shining through the curtains of the window. I knew what time it is.

"Oh! Kalak! Did you sleep in?" She asked.

I look at the time. '7:45 p.m.' it read. Now, I'm wide awake. I have overslept!

"Sisters! Wake up! We're going to be late!" I yelled.

"No, we're not it's-" Auria got cut off by me, "MONDAY!"

Auria awakened quicker than what I had expected. So did the rest of the girls. We all got ready within the maximum of 10 minutes.

"Okay! Ready to go?" I said. Everyone nodded.

I opened the door and saw Ruby still standing there.

"Uh, Ruby, did you stand there this whole time?" Mephion asked.

Ruby smiled, "Of course! We all are friends. Why wouldn't I wait?"

I giggled walking out the door, "Hurry, or we really are going to be late."

We all walked to class. Today is going to be exciting.