𝟽

𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘢. "𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰", 𝘐 𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘨𝘪𝘭𝘺.

"𝘐𝘮 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦", 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥.

"𝘰𝘬", 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱.

𝘐𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 8 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘐 𝘵𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱. 𝘚𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘶𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘳𝘤𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴.

𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘔𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘯d 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱. 𝘐 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘣𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘱𝘵𝘰𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮.

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘺. 𝘈𝘴 𝘐 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳, 𝘐 𝘴𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘪𝘳.

Mariana's car was parked behind another car that I'm assuming belongs to Mel's mother. When I enter the car, Mariana instantly backs out, "Babe? Why the fuck am I coming all the way to the Eastside to get you? Who's house was that?", Mari questioned.

"Damn detective Mari, I stayed with a friend last night because I didn't want to go home." I answered.

She cut her eyes at me, "Bitch what fucking friend do you have that lives out here?"

Me and Mariana have been friends since I spent my fifth grade year in in private school. We were assigned partners in lab class and we've been friends ever since.

Mari is the one person I trust enough to confide in. So, I know she's lost to at how I found my way to the East side of the city at a friends house who she's never heard of.

"She's a new friend. Me and Makayla got into it at the fair last night and she left me so I left with Mel and her friends. Then I started getting calls and voicemails from my mom. I knew if I went home, it wouldn't do nothing but piss me off further so I decided to stay with Mel.", I said giving her the shortened version of the story, not really feeling like talking about Makayla and her shenanigans.

"Wait so how Makayla broke her nose?"

I sighed, clearly she's already heard something from someone. I just give her the full rundown on everything that happened so she could stop questioning me.

"Damn not you got these studs out here ready to tussle", Mari said making me chuckle a little.

Nobody is fighting over me, I don't put nobody in the position to even feel like they need to fight over me. Makayla is just an insecure narcissistic asshole.

When we first started dating, she was like a dream come true. A knight in shining armour coming to bring joy in my life when I needed it most. She was the only person I gave real attention to outside of Mariana.

She made me feel like I mattered when my parents were making me feel like I didn't. Everything changed when I started to find myself again. It's like now that I'm willing to step out my comfort zone to enjoy the life that I have, she's triggering old issues so she can have me all to herself.

She's been doing this since the beginning of the summer, when I went to a party and I got blackout drunk. I wasn't doing anything crazy but the folks that were there got themselves a show. I can't even remember, I just seen videos.

I guess I triggered her trust issues, because ever since she's been on my hip about everything and the second I do something she doesn't approve of she's calling my parents.

I've been trying to get us back where we were before and it was going well until she saw that video of Mel hitting on me.

"Mari I didn't even do anything, it's giving she can't handle having a bad bitch as a girlfriend. I've been trying but I'm tired, she's starting to really fuck up my peace and I just got it back.", I said truthfully.

"I hear you babe, but staying the night at ole girls house was not good decision.", she said.

After about 15 minutes, the gates to my fathers estate came into view and at that moment I started to cry, "I don't want to go home Mari, their not going to have any good shit to say"

"Suck that shit up Jaylyn, them miserable ass old heads ain't gone eva have anything good to say. Don't let them ruin your peace, this is the most I've seen you smile since 2019 and I'll be damned if i let them take your smile again. So I'll wait outside, if anything happens and you feel yourself going under come back and we'll go to my house."

I smiled and wiped my tears, "ok". We began to approach our gate and Mari put the code in for the gates to open.

She drove past the gates and into our driveway before parking. I exit the car and approached the doors to my fathers oversized mansion. I unlocked the doors and entered my home, instantly met by my dog, Grooch.

"Hey boyy", I rubbed his body as he jumped on me.

Finding comfort in the warmth of my husky distracted me from the death gaze I was receiving from my mother.

"Where have you been?" I look up to see my mother approaching me with cruel intent all over her body posture.

"At Mariana's", I lied

"Don't play me for a fool Jaylyn, that friend of yours came here last night looking as if she just been involved in a brawl. She said you've been sleeping with someone else and they attacked her at the fair?" She was now directly in front of me, glaring into my eyes.

"That's not tr- DON'T FUCKING LIE TO ME, the girls face was black and blue and her clothes was filthy with blood. Did I raise a fucking whore? Are you whoring around with a damn criminal?", she roughly grabbed my chin for me to look back up at her.

"I-I'm not a whore and I haven't slept with anyone", my voice cracking slightly.

"Whose clothes are these that you're wearing hm?" She asked while grabbing on the shirt I had on.

"Mariana's brother", I lie again.

"If I see you or find out about you being with this girl, you can find someone else to fund your college tuition.", she said.

How can a mother be so cruel to their only child? It was never like this until I came out, some times I wish I never did.