Paperman

Paperman, one-shot. Exclusively from the Disney Pixar animation studios short movie.

Fan-fiction, not intended for anyone to be offended and I will not be profiting from this work. It is just practice.

My eyes became relaxed, as I stare at the same platform. The one that had been looking back at me for the past 3 years. The breeze caught my jacket, as another train sped past behind me. Just another day going into the city and working. The same sorting process each day, and if I didn't complete it, the same sorting process each night. The sun had rose in this concrete city earlier today, as the winter had turned into spring. The cold winter we had left behind was a relief, going to the office felt less cold each day.

Another train sped past me, as my hair was swept from my face, about to be taken off. I squinted, as the wind dried my eyes. The reflection in the sign in front of me, showed the blurred passengers on the train. It became even more dull, as my eyes relaxed once more, and I took in a deep breath. Although it felt more like a sigh. As the train went past the station to who knew where, a piece of paper flew onto my shoulder.

The paper clung to me as its' life depended on it, I tried to process where it had come from. Deciding to leave me, it flew back into the wind, and my eyes followed it. My breath caught, as I saw... her.

She ran past me, after her paper. I clasped my folder tighter, against my chest. I continued to look at her, surprised that she had come across my path. The normal day I had, suddenly became more interesting.

She started walking back to me, as I awkwardly looked away. I didn't want her to know I was staring.

She put the paper into her folder and I looked down at the floor. Hoping she didn't know I had been mesmerised by her. I caught her looking at me from the corner of my eye, and I smiled. Adjusting my folder, a little, and then returned looking at the tracks below us. My mind had become so taken by her, I forgot my train was late. I folded my hands in themselves, nervous she was stood next to me so casually. She had a flowing bob of hair, and bold, bright eyes. She swiftly tucked her hair behind her ear, and continued to smile awkwardly. I saw her in the reflection of an advertisement across the station, and I couldn't stop looking into her features. She was so pretty. I moved my hand again, a little awkwardly. She was making me so nervous. Another train sped past us. I went to look down at the tracks once again, and saw that one of my pieces of paperwork had become loose. She turned to look at me, as the paper flew right into her face! It whacked her, and she took a few steps back. I felt so bad. It clung to her face, and as I pulled it from her, she had a squinted expression. It came as a surprise to her, as much as it did to me. however, I should have expected it. Paper does fly in the wind. Her face relaxed, as the train also screeched to a halt. She looked up at me, and I looked back into her beautiful eyes. Noticing for the first time, her rich red lipstick. I carried on looking at her, as she smirked at my paper. Her eyes darting back to me once again. I swiftly looked down at my suit, or my shoes. No, nothing wrong with my appearance. Then my paper had caught in the wind once again, and her red lipstick shone on the white paper. I laughed, and pointed to the mark of her lips on my paper. How funny, that she had been so beautiful and had passed on her beauty to me. Yet, when I looked over, I could only see the platform. She had walked away, and was got onto the train that had stopped. The train doors closed, as I saw her sat down in the carriage.

Going... away.