Chapter 18

Ayumi's P. O. V:

Kakashi's face hardens with determination and resolve. He places his left hand in his knee and grunts as he forces himself to stand, shaking from his injuries. Another chakra blade forms in Madara's Susanoo's left hand.

Kakushi creates his Chidori and he races towards Obito as he runs at him with his left arm transformed into a tree branch.

"Urodora!" Guy calls out and a white tiger head forms as it launches through the air to block Madara's attack with a roar. It's a powerful punching move.

"Lightning Blade!" Kakashi shouts as he reaches Obito. He thrusts his Chidori into his arm. A massive explosion rocks out from Guy's position due to the impact of his attack.

Bee mutters, "Guess it wasn't just a bluff."

Kakashi says to his former teammate after he pulls back, one hand over his heart as his other arm lies across his stomach, "Obito, your once strong will is still alive today. Right next to me! The only thing that Current Me can do, is protect the Current Naruto!" The Hatake breathes heavily as the explosion begins to die down behind Obito.

"You'll protect "the Current Naruto"?" Obito reiterates. Kakashi groans as he collapses into a crouch. I feel more worry tugs at my heart as Naruto and I jerk around to him.

"I'll protect Naruto too!" I say to Obito unwaveringly, glaring icily at him. My Diamond Tigers have been destroyed by Madara.

Guy says as he slumps in his bindings, "Yeah, me too. The same goes for me."

Bee says as he gazes at us, collapsed from exhaustion, "They're both at their limit. These Leaf Shinobi, they all act so tough."

Obito glances back at Eight Tails to see the wood binding him is beginning to weaken. Eight Tails lets out a roar of exertion as he finally breaks free of his wooden bindings, causing Guy to go flying as he jerks his head up.

Naruto says out of relief, "Octopops!" Eight Tails holds out his hand and the Taijutsu master lands safely in it, grunting at the impact.

Naruto murmurs in understanding, "Just like Captain Yamato's technique..."

Obito looks back at Kakashi and Naruto. He says, "A Lightning Blade that relies on the Sharingan... you've really honed and mastered that left eye, even awakening the Mangekyou. However, can you return from the other plane once more, in your current state?" Naruto and I gasp as a branch wraps around Obito's right arm. He runs at us but Naruto goes to meet him. The branch wraps tightly around Naruto's arms and shoulders, holding him in place. "Now, return to the trash heap, Kakashi!"

Naruto says as the Uchiha reaches his hand to my Guardian, "No, Kakashi Sensei is..." Naruto rand his forehead against Obito which sends him flying back. "... just like me!"

Obito catches his footing before jumping back and facing them on a rock. A crack appears in the red barrier surrounding the Ten Tails. Eight Tails glances at it before looking back to Naruto's Shadow Clone, Kakashi and Obito.

Naruto says, scoffing, "Huh! I can see it so clearly now!" He easily breaks free of his bonds. A smile tugs at his lips. "All of the pain that's etched into your face..."

Obito tells him, "You should save that line for the one right next to you."

Naruto's eyes suddenly flash crimson as the Nine Tails takes over. Obito runs towards the silverette. The Nine Tails says to the silverette, "Hey, Kakashi Brat, give me your hand," Naruto says in a deep voice.

"You're..." Kakashi begins, trailing off as he glances to the blonde in surprise.

"Look, just stick your hand out!" Nine Tails says as Obito draws nearer. Kakashi holds out his hand which naruto grabs. The Hatake gasps with shock right before Naruto swings him around to the Uchiha.