Chapter 8 - The fall.

[WARNING: This chapter includes mentions of suicide, self harm, drugs, abuse and homophobia. Continue at your own risk.]

------

December 26th, the day Mike was going home. The holidays were over and he couldn't remain in Lenora. It was four thirty and they were standing in the airport.

"Mike.."

"Will babe, I know.."

They held their heads together, eyes closed.

"I'll miss you more than anything. I will call you whenever I can, preferably every day. But with my dad, I don't know how that'd work out. I'll try babe, I promise. I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." Will whispered, tears beginning to flow down his face, brushing across his lips.

Mike kissed the smaller boy on the head, and then waved goodbye as he walked to his gate. Will dropped to his knees and began to sob. Jonathan and Jane sat with him and held him tight.

Mike was holding back tears as he boarded his flight home. Praying that this would all go fine and he'd see Will again for his birthday in April.

Will watched as the plane his boy was on, took off. Leaving him feeling destroyed and lonely. He finally had the boy he'd dreamed of for years but he felt like he'd lost him again.

------

Mike, after what felt like a year, finally arrived back in Hawkins. He spotted his parents, Nancy and Holly all waiting for him.

"Mike!" Holly cheered.

This grabbed Karen's attention and she ran over and hugged Mike.

"Mike! Baby, how was your flight?"

"It was alright, but you're crushing me." He squirmed.

"Sorry!" She said, releasing him.

"Thank you." He said letting out a sharp sigh.

They all leave the airport and cram into the car. Mike fastens his seatbelt and the others follow.

"So Mike," Nancy began. "What did Will and Jane get you for christmas?"

"Oh! Will gave me a painting, and Jane gave me a teddy bear with my initials."

"That's so-"

"Disgusting," Ted started. "You need to burn those Mike. I'm not allowing them to turn you into a (f slur)."

Mike's eyes immediately began to water.

"Ted! That's enough!" Karen shouted.

"Oh so he is a (f slur)? Great! Just great! You're a disgrace Micheal, a disgrace! Should have known that the fairy would have turned you into a (f slur)."

"Ted that's enough! I'm serious!" Karen screeched.

Ted stops the car abruptly, gets out and opens Mike's door. He grabbed a hold of Mike's shirt and dragged him out of the car. Karen got out quickly to witness Mike being beaten half to death by Ted.

"I'm done with this family! Good luck surviving alone!" Ted screamed.

He forced a terrified Holly and Nancy out of the car. Karen crying and calling the police and an ambulance at the nearby phone box. Nancy comforts Holly, holding her tight.

"It's going to be okay Holly." She said, tears streaming down her face.

"But.. But.. Daddy's gone.." Holly cried.

"I know.. I know.."

--------

Half an hour later, an ambulance arrives and paramedics immediately begin to treat Mike.