A Short Story

I hastily ran to school and inadvertently took the drink from the shop

the drink from the shop. When I realized what I had done, I ran back to the shop. I got back to the shop, now late for my exam. You see, I was going to give the drink back, apologize and quickly run to school. I returned, gave Mr. Chen the drink and explained that I had an exam this morning that I was now late for. I was awake last night studying late. I didn't wake up on time, so I was short on time. I was going to the shop to quickly grab something to eat but on my way there I helped an elderly lady off the bus and cross the street. She was quite a loquacious lady, I would have loved to chat with her but I didn't have the time. I eventually got to the shop, "Chen Market". A husband and Wife shop. As I like to say, I was electing a preferred drink when I heard my school bell ring. Consternation ran deep into my bones. Unwittingly I ran with the drink.

I finished explaining, I knew how bad it looked but I supposed they'd be empathetic. Considering I did shop there practically every morning. The owner Mr.Chen heeded me, it seemed he'd cut me some slack. I was ready to leave but the cantankerous Mrs.Chen promptly took a tenacious hold of my arm and told me to wait for the authorities so they could decide what to do with me. I couldn't believe it, my introspection was miscellaneous. I pleaded with them, and Mr.Chen even tried pleading with Mrs.Chen. This only made her demeanor towards me even more callous. She started speaking cruelly. I pleaded about my exam, but she said, "A stupid girl who "accidentally" steals wouldn't have a chance of passing an exam". I do admit, I am a dunce, but I do well in school. While I was waiting, I looked back on all the mornings I had been to the shop. I could not recollect a morning when Mrs.Chen wasn't yelling or complaining. I asked to call my parents, that was denied. Out of everything, this outraged me the most. My mother would not stand for this, I returned the drink in its same condition.

I hoped the police weren't as obstinate as Mrs.Chen. The police arrived and came in dubiously. Callous, cantankerous Mrs.Chen turned into amicable, benevolent Mrs.Chen. It was quite a perplexing sight, but her demeanor toward me didn't change. They seemed to see through her act. She told... let's say, her colorful side of the story. And I told mine, which was the truth! They had to take me to the back of the shop to hear me speak. Mrs.Chen wouldn't let a word out of my mouth. I portrayed myself as the most dismayed little girl, compared to the officer I was a little girl. But I really was dismayed. Would you guess the Good Lord was on my side? The officer believed me, which was right of him because it was the truth. It was an accident. I entered the shop with the officer. I found Mrs.Chen trying to attack, My MOM. >_< But luckily for Mrs.Chen the other officer was holding her back. While Mrs.Chen was giving her colorful story an officer let me use his phone to call my mom.

I told my mom everything, she overlooked the fact that she has a dunce of a daughter. Also, she knew her daughter was no criminal. I don't know of the words my mom and Mrs.Chen shared, but I do know Mrs.Chen would never stand a chance in a fight with my mom, just saying. The policeman walked my mom and I out of that odious shop. I made sure to give Mrs.Chen a cordial smile and farewelled her. Her eyes looked like they were about to fall into her jaw-dropped mouth. When we were out the officer told us that Mrs.Chen had a long history of calling the authorities on practically everyone and anyone. She's even called them on Mr.Chen! She told them that during an argument Mr.Chen slapped her. I was perplexed Mr.Chen was the most benevolent creature on the planet. He's also a little bit of a pushover... you didn't hear that from me. Moving on, after making those allegations against Mr.Chen she calmed down and pleaded to the officers not to charge Mr.Chen because she had made it up. I wasn't her first victim, and most likely not her last either. I asked the officer what I'm supposed to do about school. He told me not to worry and wrote a note for me to give. He wrote that there was a situation, so please excuse me, and left the police department non-emergency number if they had any questions. Which I really hope they don't.

Relieved I was, the officer also said they were going to figure out a way to deal with Mrs.Chen. We thanked the Lord and the officers. We left that horrid place and walked to school. There I was an almost juvenile criminal, a high school freshman, walking to school with her mom. I told her I wouldn't be drinking Peach tea anytime soon.

(◔◡◔) THE END