CHAPTER 1; ON OUR WAY DOWN

"Me and my thrilling husband are on the way down to Chicago. How fun is that?! Wait.. one minute."I was excitedly bragging to my sister Moon Gilbert. Until my husband rudely interrupted me and told me that we are going to be using the "long way down" to Chicago. And he also said this way down won't be pretty. Is that even a thing?! "Haha," I chuckled. "Is there even a "long way down" Sam? I'm pretty sure you can ONLY go through them beautiful cities into Chicago. Isn't that was America is like??" I told him back not believing that beautiful lying mouth of his. " Sweetheart.. I hate to say America isn't all that. And we're going to be using the disgusting roads just for a bit." I couldn't BELIEVE it! " I am NOT going through those streets that you are talking about!!" I am disgusted. He took me there anyways. I looked outside with disgust and then looked at HIM with disgust. And then suddenly.. "Do you hear that Sammy?!" "It sounds like a telephone?.." I asked my husband and he looked at me blank. "But we are in the middle of nowhere!" Just trees and branches. All around us. But a telephone ringing is all we hear. It got louder and louder and louder each ring it gave to us. "Do you think we should go out to see what it is? I mean,you are a mafia boss and have been in multiple gun fights and are still,alive." I chuckled. He agreed and he took his gun and held me close while walking towards the noise. He pointed and angled his gun ready for any attack but still held me back and protected every minor bit of my body. Suddenly, we heard footsteps. The noise stopped. Both of them. I grabbed onto Sam and he got the gun ready to shoot. "I am not afraid and I am not afraid to use this f-cing gun!" He yelled as we walked further in. I am petrified. Even with my mafia boss husband I am still asking God to save us. Suddenly I got knocked out. All I fell was a bang on my head and the noise of the telephone ringing went on again.