13

JUNGKOOK POV

I bounce up the front porch
steps with an anticipatory
spring in my step.

My heart is pounding and my cheeks are already flushed as thoughts of past sexual escapades rush through my brain.

I'm ready and eager to embrace my alpha and show him the depth of my appreciation for him.

So, I'm definitely not prepared for the scene that greets me when I walk through the front door.

Jimin is sitting on the sofa, staring up at the ceiling with a blank expression on his face.

Empty packages of snack food and beer cans litter the living room floor.

It looks as if he's eaten every thing in the cupboards and
drunk himself into a stupor.

He barely even registers my presence as I close the door.

I've never seen him like this before.

The whole time we've been together, he's never had a drop of alcohol.

I'm more of a social drinker and since he wasn't having anything, neither was I.

The case of beer in the fridge had been a "welcome to the neighborhood" gift from one of the neighbors a few days after Jimin first moved in.

From the looks of things, I'm pretty sure he's managed to get most of the way through it all by himself.

"Jimin?" I approach him tentatively, unsure if he even realizes I'm home.

My immediate concern is potential alcohol poisoning.

He's so far over the limit that I actually catch myself watching his chest to make sure he's still breathing.

"Hey..." His voice is barely
above a whisper.

"Welcome back."

"Glad you could make it."

The sarcasm in his tone is not
at all characteristic of the alpha I've come to know.

"What happened? It looks like you had a party or something..."

I gingerly nudge a couple of beer cans out of the way as I kneel beside where he's draped
himself on the couch cushions.

"Yeah, a party."

"Woohoo, we're having a party."

He rolls his eyes and presses the palm of his hand to his forehead.

"If it's not a party, then can you at least tell me what's going on?"

I'm so confused right now.

My alpha is clearly in some sort of distress, It's like there's an actual rain cloud hovering over him right at this second but I can't see it and I don't know
how to stop it from drenching him in misery.

"I don't want to talk about it."

He sits up slowly and looks around the room with bleary eyes.

I lean back on my heels and frown at him, I can't help him if he won't cooperate with me.

This whole time we've been together, we've never gotten
into a fight.

We've never really disagreed
on anything either.

This is the first time I've felt my temper flare toward him and it breaks my heart a little bit.

My first instinct is to suppress it.

I don't want to be angry at Jimin and I know that whatever's affecting him has to be bad for him to be acting like this.

I take a second look at him and try again.