girls

"Aah, the star of the show has arrived!" Chaeyoung of Twice stood up, dramatically bowing towards the Hwang girl who had stepped into the room. "Juhee unnie!"

"Chaeyoung-ah, you're a little drunk," Jihyo attempted to pull the girl down yet the Son girl made no efforts to sit back down.

"A little is an understatement," Joy grinned.

"But, Chaeyoung holds her alcohol relatively well," Jisoo claimed before looking up at the Hwang girl. "I swear it's been forever since we've seen you, Juhee,"

The girl herself took a seat besides Irene, a smile on her face. "Don't get me started, I love promotions and comeback seasons, but after a while it gets a little draining,"

Red Velvet, Twice, Blackpink and Juhee had all formed a friendship since each of their debuts, the girls of the biggest groups of the third generation being all practically best friends. They'd all agreed that once a month, they'd have a dinner or lunch together, to catch up, and whilst occassionally some groups and members were absent a few times, they had been able to keep their promise.

Multitudes of dishes, both Korean and international were widespread across the table, and each of the girls were tucking in, laughing, gossiping, re-living their lost childhoods.

It was both wonderful yet so bittersweet.

Irene glanced over at the Hwang girl. As the oldest of all of them, she was often given the space at the head of the table, yet when it came to seniority in the industry, Juhee was ranked higher.

"You seem awfully quiet today," The Bae girl smirked, her smile revealing nothing yet knowing everything.

"Someone's observant," Juhee relayed, but she too was grinning as she looked at the table.

"I just..." The younger girl paused. "I love doing this. Every month. I don't feel as - lonely,"

"Lonely?" Irene frowned. "But you have the boys, they practically raised you and you have lived with them since you were what, around sixteen?"

"Don't get me wrong, I love the boys, they're my everything, and without them I don't think I can quite function," Juhee quickly waved her hand. "But when we debuted, I never quite had a female friend to talk to. The stylist unnies were always reassuring and I loved them, but I needed a female idol who I could have a friendship with. Some of them at the time avoided me because of what our group was, but when I got you guys," Juhee beamed. "It was like having sisters,"

Irene's lips twitched into the ghost of a smile. "So cheesy,"

The Hwang girl nudged her. "Yet you love a good confession,"