11

I fiddled with my phone, the number already typed in and all that was left to do was hit the green button. My hands quavered over top of it. What am I getting myself into? I thought. Why couldn’t my family be normal? I really hope my dad can get us out of this because I don’t want to have to worry about anyone being kidnapped and threatened again.

I tapped the screen leaving a tiny smudge from my dirty hands and pressed the phone up to my ear, holding it between my cheek and my shoulder. I walked through the hallway and into the bathroom watching myself in the mirror. The ghost of me stood there in the reflection. Makeup smudged everywhere. Hair in a big sloppy bun on my head with strands falling out. My shirt falling of my shoulder and big bags under my eyes from lack of sleep and stress.

“I was expecting you.” The voice on the other end of the line spoke breaking me from my trance. I didn’t answer knowing I would just say something stupid and make him mad. I wasn’t going to risk anything. He had the power in this situation, not me.

“I have a house that needs cleaning. I want it spotless by noon. Then you can have Niall back.” He spoke. I almost laughed but I kept it in. That’s all he wants? Me to clean his house? Wow this is going to be easier than I thought. Just as I went to hang up he spoke once again.

“Don’t get to cocky about this. I’m giving you an easy one but they will get harder with each task.” He said bursting my bubble. “I guess I’ll go then-“

“Wait!” I interrupted him. He didn’t say anything so I continued. “I want to see them after each favour. For ten minute to make sure you aren’t doing anything to them.” I demanded.

“You can have five minutes.” He said sternly and hung up.

I washed my face and fixed my hair slightly not bothering to shower or put any makeup on. I looked like a monster but at the moment I couldn’t have cared less.

Harry’s P.O.V.

I sat on the cold concrete, my stomach ached from hunger and my head throbbing. My head hung low as I breathed deeply thinking about Sam. I said I loved her in the video and I really hope she heard it because I do love her. I’ve never met anyone like Sam and I knew I was pissing the boys off by how much I talked about her.

I had convinced Louis just before the dance to let me ask her out and to be my girlfriend but I never got the chance. I had told him I would never let anyone hurt her but what could I do now? I’m tied up and she out there somewhere on her own. I let my mind wander to all the smiles that have crossed my face only because of Sam and I fluttered my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

The sound of a door slamming shut jolted me upright. I looked around the room to see everyone wide eyed except for Niall who just laid on the ground. He was dying right before our eyes and we couldn’t do anything about it. I looked up following everyone else’s gaze to where Nathan and Tom stood at the thick metal door.

“You have a visitor.” Tom said smirking. I shuddered as his cold evil voice. What is this, jail? Why do we have a visitor and who is it?

The door creaked open and Sam walked through the door. Her face so emotionless it was scary. She looked up noticing Louis first and sprinted right into his arms knocking his back into the pole but not hard enough to hurt him. He hugged her back tightly.

She let go of him and looked up her eyes catching mine and a few tears formed in her eyes. She walked over and sat in my lap clutching my beat up t-shirt.

“You have five minutes starting now.” Nathan stated and then left with Tom at his side. They were surely going to go upstairs and listen in and watch us through the cameras.

“Sam I told you not to do this.” Louis snarled, a pained look crossed his face.

“Louis I’m not a child I know everything that’s going on. I know about the fights and the guns and money and I know that dad is involved with it too. I wasn’t going to just let you be killed.” She jumped off of my lap and stood in front of all of us pointing a finger. “I am beyond pissed at all of you that you’ve been lying to me and you’ll hear a lot more about it once I save your sorry asses.” She snapped. “But I do love all of you and I’m going to do whatever it takes to get you out. I can promise that.” She said softer now.

“I have a deal with The Wanted. I can’t tell you it now but I can get one of you out now and I’m going to take Niall because he’s hurt. I’ll be back in a few hours hopefully for another one of you.” she explained using a key she had to un-cuff Niall.

“Times up!” Jay yelled storming into the room. “Take the idiot and get out.”

Sam went to get him up but quickly changed her mind and ran over to me.

“What are you doin-” I tried to ask but was cut off when she pressed her lips against mine softly. Tingles shooting throughout my body. She pulled away and brought her lips down to my ear.

“I love you too Harry.” She whispered placing a soft kiss below my ear and grabbing Niall before racing out the door.

Sam’s P.O.V.

I drove down the road with Niall groaning in the passenger seat. I can’t take him to the hospital obviously. His criminal record is probably enough to have him locked up for life.

“Um Niall I can’t take you to the hospital but your wound needs to be treated. Would you prefer me to get Jessica to help you?” I asked awkwardly. His eyes seemed to brighten at the mention of her name and he nodded smiling to himself.

I brought Niall into the house and Jessica was immediately in his arms placing soft kisses on his lips. I smiled at them but couldn’t help wish that I had Harry here so I could kiss him. I watched as Jessica helped Niall up the stairs to my guest bathroom. It’s the biggest.

Moments later the familiar beeping from my laptop went off signalling that I had an email. I raced over to it an opened it up. It was from The Wanted. It read:

I saw that you and Styles had a little romance going on. Next favour. Lets make him a little jealous shall we ;) - Nathan