5

"What is it?" I asked finally getting to the last step of the stairs, her smile was overly excited. "I want you to meet my brother" Chris smiles opening the front door, my eyes furrowing at such a random request.

The man that had stepped into view caused the air to get caught in my lungs "No" I whisper as Harry steps in smiling widely "Harry meet Adeline." Lacey watched me in confusion as I took a step back when Harry offered his hand to me, I grabbed it hesitantly.

What the fuck is going on? He's messing with me right? all of this is fake.

Why didn't anyone notice his eyes? They were black and absolutely lifeless. "Lacey can I talk to you in private" I mumbled keeping my eyes on Harry, he tilted his head smirking in amusement.

I fucking hate that stupid smirk.

"Sure." She pulls on a smile following behind me as I made my way into the kitchen, her facial expressions completely serious when I faced her.

"That's the man." I blurt out watching a smile form on her face as she began giggling, I sigh crossing my arms over my shoulder.

Her giggling came to a slow halt when she noticed that I was being serious, this wasn't a joke.

"Oh my god." She covers her mouth with her hand looking over her shoulder, she looks back at me with panic in her eyes.

She began laughing again slapping her knee, I felt the anger building inside of me.

"You know what, fine. Laugh all you want but that's the man I've been dreaming about, the man that's been appearing. The one that no one else could see until now, and comes to find out that it's Chris's brother. I thought you said Chris's brother died in a car accident." I snarl watching her exhale, gesturing herself to calm down.

"We thought he did but he was just in a coma." She shrugs looking over her nails, I'm about to punch her if she doesn't take me seriously.

"Lacey look at me." I grab her chin forcefully, making her face me "I'm fucking scared and you're making a joke about this. That man and I have spoken before okay? Got it?" I let go watching her rub her chin, her eyebrows were furrowed and she had this little attitude on her.

"That doesn't make sense Adi, are you sure he's the right-"

"Right what?" Harry smirked crossing his arms over his chest leaning against the wall, both of us eyeing each other.

"I'm just gonna leave you two alone." Lacey mumbled attempting to walk away, I grabbed her arm anxiously.

"No don't leave me alone please." I whispered still watching Harry, Lacey pushed me away from her.

"Stop being such a little bitch Adi! God." She yanked her arm out of my grip and rushed out of the kitchen, leaving Harry and I alone.

"Tis tis tis." He began walking towards me, I was pinned against the wall when he caught up to me.

"No ones gonna believe you Love, I control everything." He hisses letting his curls tickle my forehead, his lips curled into a smug smile.

I can only imagine how vulnerable I looked just standing there against the wall pinned down by a handsome devil.

"Ar-are you alive?" I scrunch my eyebrows together inhaling his scent, he groaned at my childish actions.

"No." He mumbled running his nose down my jawline, I bit my lip struggling to hold my tears in.

I was so scared.

"Then ho-how are you hu-human?" He lowered his head shaking it, he looked up at me in annoyance from my persistent questioning.

"You ask a lot of questions you know that?" He raises an eyebrow digging into his front pocket, he pulled out a cigarette.

"You can't smoke in here." I stay in my spot, I don't want to risk pissing him off.

He smirked lighting it up between his hands, once it was lit he inhaled and took the cigarette out from between his teeth to blow the nasty fog into my direction.

"You know how my name is Harry? Well, others call me the devil and priests call me a demon." His eyes flickered from what looked like his normal eye color to black, he continued to smoke as he spoke.

"I was 23 when I died, I lost my way and ended up combining souls with an evil spirit and now I'm here. I could've easily saved myself but I enjoyed the power, the way it felt to kill and scare people. It's exhilarating." He winks making me cringe, my fear quickly layered with disgust.

He was sick and twisted.

"That doesn't tell me why you're here." I crossed my arms over my chest raising my eyebrow, he chuckles lowly.

"Ah. I want you. Your soul, your body. I want to devour you and own you. I'm waiting until you get on your knees for me and beg to be mine." He smirked running his tongue over his bottom lip, every muscle in my body tensing at his words.

I wasn't sure if it was from arousal or discomfort, either way I didn't like the feeling.

"I'll never do that."

"Sweetheart" he puts his cigarette out by digging it into the marble counter, he pinned me to the wall again.

"I'm the devil. I get what I want and you WILL beg for me." He smiles proudly as he stepped away from me, I was frozen in my spot.

"Well, let's go back to dinner. Chris and Lacey await us." He chuckles stepping out of the kitchen, my muscles burning from locking.

What have I gotten myself into? I shouldn't have spoken to him earlier, I should have pretended that he wasn't there. He had it out for me and wanted my soul, he wanted me to be his little slave and I refuse. I'm not exactly one with God but I do know that this is wrong, and the worst part is that he's gotten into my head.

I want to know more I need to know more. I need to make sure that he won't hurt me, but now, I'm not so sure.