iv. thats a lot of pressure

CHAPTER FOUR
[ iv. THAT'S A LOT OF PRESSURE ]

༉༊

friends are passed out on the sofas, leaving jaeden and emery the only survivors.

emery, who was sat with lenora's head in her lap and so had been stroking her hair, looked over to see jaeden martell admiring her from his seat —a couple inches away from her.

"how was your first party experience then, mer?" jaeden prompts.

"sort of how i expected, less stressful though." she quietly replies, smiling softly at the nickname.

"sooo, you had fun?" jaeden smiles goofily, tossing an arm around her shoulders.

"i suppose."

"you know, i was always kinda scared of your friends." jaeden admits, glancing around his living room at them.

"you? actually, no, yeah that makes sense. i was scared of reg when i first met them, we hated each other for like two-and-a-half years." emery chuckles slightly, looking straight into the boys eyes.

"no way?! you guys seem so close."

"yeah," em smiles, reminiscing, "maybe that's why. character building."

jaeden hums, eyes landing on the girl in em's lap, "lenora, however, always a pleasure."

"yeah, she's great." emery grins, following his gaze to the girl. "it's like i'm psychic, i just knew we'd get along when i met her."

"friend instinct, i guess." tilting his head at the blonde, eyes softening at her gentle snores.

"yeah, instinct."

"i'm bored, are you bored?" jaeden confesses with a sigh, throwing his head back in frustration.

"so bored." em groans, nodding.

"i could give you a tour of the house, if you want?"

"sure." emery shrugs, gently pushing len's head off her legs and onto the sofa.

both teens scoured the abode for interesting features and calling the other over when finding one.

"oh my god. you really are rich." emery gasps, earning the attention of the martell boy.

"what do you mean?" he replies, confused as to why she was so surprised at something in the kitchen.

"like, i knew you had dolla dolla, but, oh my." emery shakes her head in shock, gesturing to the ice dispenser on his fridge. "you're rich rich!"

"you don't have an ice dispenser?" jaeden taunted, mouth open in shock.

"no! not everyone has money jaeden, god thats so inconsiderate." emery jokes, mock rolling her eyes at the chuckling boy.

jaeden let out a wide grin as he heard his name exit her soft lips. he liked the way she said it. he decided he only ever wanted to hear his name in her voice from now on.