Tragedy

It's the next morning, and I feel less tired than I look. I didn't sleep all night, I was up thinking about Ajax. Again.

   I never realized that's what I was feeling. I never, ever, thought I could like someone. He most likely doesn't like me back, in that way, and I have to distance myself. If I do then I won't care as much, which means I won't hurt him.

   I stoned my dad.

   He's gone because of me. I can't stone someone else I care.about deeply. Enid was enough, I can't possibly bring Ajax into it as well. I have learned, that my powers like I've said are not temporary. My dad has been a statue for four months.

   Four months.

   I destroyed his life, and he was already 40. He had like 48 years left. And it was cut short because of an argument.

                               ⏪⏪

   I got home, and threw my bag onto the floor. I ran to the couch, and screamed into a pillow. I screamed all my pain away.

   I knew it is probably stupid, and very, very childish, but the guy I liked called me a freak. He said that he would never like me back because of what I am.

   At this moment is when I decided I was a monster, a freak of nature. Unlike my dad, I didn't keep it as secret. I told my friends, and lost them, I told my crush and he spit in my face.

   My dad came in. He sat next to me and put a hand on my back.

   "My little snake. What's wrong?" He asked. I sat up, and laid my head on his shoulder.

   "I'm a monster. I-I can't believe I thought I was normal. I Hate myself dad." I had said. He stood up, and took my face in his hands.

   "You are not a monster. You're a gorgon. Like me." I stood up too, as he turned to the fireplace.

   "No I'm not! I am a monster! Look at this!" I had pulled my beanie off in my anger, as my dad was turning around. I watched as he turned to stone. As his brown eyes turned gray, with the rest of him.

   I dropped to the floor. Tears in my eyes. I just proved my point. I just basically murdered my father. I am a monster. My mom came and ran into the room. She had heard my screaming. I pulled my beanie back down over my head as I had wiped tears from my eyes.

   "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" My mother asked. I ran to my room and locked it.

                            ⏩🎁⏩

   I was locked in my room for a month. My doing, but still that's how long it took for my tears to stop. I will never forgive myself, like Ajax suggested. I ruined my father's life, and he's not coming back, anytime soon.

   Enid is just coming in and she sits on my bed.

    "Heyyyyyy, so as much as tomorrow you have a date with Ajax, today we have a new roomie like I told you lastnight!" She says. She pulls me up and picks a uniform up, and then puchs me into the bathroom.

   Great, more strangers. Oh, I forgot to mention that Bianca and Xavier broke up after movie night. So none of us hang out all together anymore, and Bianca seems to be bitter. Enid ignores it and is acting like they never knew eachother.

   That is also paired with a new roomie that, Enid says was expelled for murdering a kid. Not good.

   I get my uniform on amd exit the room, Enid is standing in front of another pretty girl with a blank stare, tight jaw, and two braids on either side.