Chapter three

After Carley left Ms. Price's class, she hurried to math before the bell rang.

After math she had Science and after science, it was finally lunch time.

Carley's pov ~
"Nicole!" I yelled as I saw her walk into the cafeteria. She smiled when she saw me and came to join me in the lunch line.

"Hey, girl! How's your
day been going so far?" She questioned.

"Not too great... I already have detention," I say.

"What?! It's the first day of school,"

We were now walking up to a table with our lunch trays. She sat in front of me.

"I know, I know. It's just the teacher. She's super strict. I was late, she gave me detention.. she even threw away my pink drink!" I ramble on and on and then take a bite of my pizza.

time skips
Still Carley's pov ~

Walking on campus to go to the gym for volleyball practice... I think to myself. 'What if I skipped detention?' Nah.. or should I? I'm going to be really tired after practice I might consider it.

time skips
"What are you doing after practice?" Nicole asked as I was changing back into my regular clothes.

I looked at her, the 'you know damn well look.'

"Oh right.. you have detention,"

"Ugh. I'll see you later," I say.

Why do they have to make detention after school.. could it not be during school?!

"Surprised you were on time," Ms. Price says as I walked in. I wanted to roll my eyes very badly but I didn't.

I was the only one here, considering it was the first day of school.

I sat down and didn't move.

"Do your homework," she says.

"I don't have any,"

"Your lying,"

"It's the first day of school, what teacher would seriously give-," then it hit me.. she gave us homework, "Um.." she arched her eyebrow at me.

I took out the homework she gave out and started working on it.

time skips
"Alright, that's it for the day," she says checking her watch.

I get up without a word and I started to leave. I open the door but only for her to grab my arm.

"Hey, I just want you to know that I'm not some mean teacher, ok? I care about you and I just want you to do good," she smiled. Wow, I wasn't expecting that from her. I smiled and nod. She let go of my arm and went to grab her stuff. I walked out to the parking lot and got into my car. As I sit here trying to find the right song to play I saw her coming out of the building and getting into her car. I watched as she drove off.

" wow, what a heck of a first day," I sigh to myself and then drive off.