Chapter 3

When Caria opened her eyes again she realized that the slimy cocoon-like thing that her hands had stuck to was no longer there. Instead, it was replaced with a guy. Her hand was now being tightly grasped by him. His eyes were looking intently at her as she marveled at the state they were in.
If it were not for the fact that he was gripping onto her hand so tightly, Caria would have long tried to run to the door and bang on it helplessly to let her out. Instead, she just slightly moved away.
He moved towards her.
She moved away.
Him towards.
Her away
Him towards.
Her away
As soon as he began to move towards her again she cried out "Ok, can you just stop that!". He stopped and his eyes widened. He looked towards their hands which were still intertwined despite this game of cat-and-mouse and looked away again. A blush started to form on his cheeks. Almost as if he were shy.
Caria blinked. There were too many questions running through her head. Even though they appeared to be in the same room, there were a few things missing from it. For example, THE GIANT COCOON THAT WAS STUCK TO HER LAST TIME SHE WAS AWAKE. And who was this guy here? What the hell was going on? And why the hell was he so bashful just from holding hands with a girl? Surely an attractive man who looks to be in his twenties would not be a stranger to physical contact with a girl?

"When did you get here?" She asked the man.
There was no reply.
"Where did that white cocoon go?" She tried again.
Still no response
"How did you get my hand unstuck from it?"
"Where did you come from?"
"Why were you holding my hand?"
"Where did it go?"
"Why aren't you saying anything?!" She finally cried.
"Can you speak?"
"Do...you... want... me... to?" He finally replied.
Caria blinked. He had a thick accent. "Why didn't you answer before?"
He sniffed. "You ask... too ...many... question."

Caria blinked again. "Excuse me?!" she thought. "I asked too many questions?! Well, I'm SORRY for being confused because I woke up and instead of the HORRIFIC scene I usually wake up to I saw YOU instead. WHO EVEN ARE YOU?!"

"Don't worry...about anything." He said in response to her silence. "I ...will...take care of you...from now on". He patted her head.

"Oh you'll take care of me. How sweet, it's such a comfort that one guy, who I don't even know will 'take care of me'." She said sarcastically.

The man just smiled. He dragged Caria over to the bed in the corner. "Let's sleep".

"What? Sleep? On the same bed as you?"

He nodded. "Yes, on...same...bed. Let's...sleep."

"I don't even know your name! There's a mattress and a bed, I'll go sleep on the mattress".

Caria tries to let go of his hand and walk over to the mattress but the man stops her.

"No.. you sleep...on bed...with me. I won't...touch you..any more than I am now, but you...can't leave...me... And you decide... my name"

Caria decided to ignore the first part

"I decide your name?"

"Yes"

"Don't you have a name?"

"No."

"Wha- fine. I'll list some off, you decide which one you want. Andrew, Phillip, Robert, Christopher, Joshua, Alex, Aaron Christian, Johnathan, Byron, Marcus-"

"Christopher. I...like...that one"

"Ok then Christopher, Chris for short"

Christopher grinned. "I like that"

Caria's heart almost stopped. How can a person's smile be that gorgeous? Dazed, she slowly walked towards the bed and lay on it. Chris got in and stayed on the other side, not touching her except for their joined hands like he said.

For the first time in weeks, Caria did not fall asleep immediately. Instead she just laid there, thinking about the events of the day, wondering who exactly this strange man was and where that thing went. Not daring to consider the possibility that they may be the same.