45. An Odd Question

They all stared at the woman in shock.

The entire situation was messed up in many ways. Why was she here all of a sudden? Why was she acting friendly like she didn't murder two witches and betray their entire kingdom?

Why did she look so young if she was long ago affiliated with the witches who were probably in their seventies now?

"What a pleasure it is to see all of you." She looked at the wielders and smiled. "You all grew up to be just as gorgeous as we all thought you would." Even through Yeosang's pure anger at the woman, he noticed one of his knights getting angry, and one of their soldiers eyeing her. "Have you guys been having fun in this war? How is Excalibur treating you?"

Jaemin was too terrified of her to speak, even though her question was directed at him. "Why are you here?" Yeosang spoke for him and glared at her. "After all this time, why are you here?"

Nimue's eyes widened, but she went back to her smile after a moment. "Yeosang, what did that witch put into your head? I didn't mean to kill the others."

"But you meant to sabotage my sword."

"It was the right thing to do. You would have ended up slaughtering this entire kingdom if you had 500 kills a day."

They all gasped and Yeosang got impossibly angrier. But before he could say another word, his infuriated knight stood up and threw herself over the table to lunge at her. "Yuqi stop!" He yelled, seeing their soldier stand up and hold his hand out.

In the blink of an eye, before Yeosang could even react, fire shot directly at Yuqi from the man's hand.

The third captain.

What did he do that shot fire at her?

He couldn't think of that right now, looking back at Yuqi who was completely unharmed by it, but she had a look of fear on her face.

"What the hell?" Aaliyah asked. "Are you getting weaker or something? Why didn't your fire do anything?"

The man looked at Jaemin who was already glaring directly at him. "I see. What a neat little trick that is. So this is what you warned us about Nimue."

Jaemin had his shield on all of them. Yeosang looked over at him and nodded in appreciation, making Jaemin do the same back. "We're not supposed to fight," Yeosang said while standing up. "That's the rule."

"Your friend did it first," Aaliyah replied while Yuqi slumped back into her seat. "I don't see why. It's not like she's a wielder or anything. There's nothing special about her."

Yuqi literally death glared her and Aaliyah looked away from the intimidation of it. "I think it's fair to say that whatever Yuqi was about to do wouldn't have been as damaging as what your soldier did, right? Fire is no joke. She probably would have died if it wasn't for Jaemin," the queen said, looking at their king. "And before you say anything, because I know you will, Jaemin broke no rules. They said he couldn't unsheathe his sword. Nothing was said about using its shield."

"By that logic, wouldn't Yeosang be able to kill all of us without unsheathing his sword?" Vincent asked.

They all looked at Yeosang who just sighed at the idiotic question. "If Ares is in my sheath and I use its magic, the direction that it goes in while impale my leg. So no, you will not see me use it if it's still in my sheath."

The two monarchs continued talking after the tension settled and Nimue left, much to the dismay of Yeosang. He had just remembered what she said when she first introduced herself.

What's The Necromancer?

The situation was still nerve-wracking though and Yuqi stared down at her hands. How could she have been so foolish to attack the witch? It was against the rules, and the three captains were all sitting right there.