Chapter 10

Karen

We made it back to our hotel room and everyone dispersed to their rooms. I poured myself a little wine to recap the day in my head. To know that my love for Maya was being reciprocated meant the world to me. I took a deep breath and stared out the window into the New York skyline. I heard a tiny knock behind me. I turned around to Maya in her pajamas.

"Are you okay, babygirl?" I asked concerned.

"I'm okay. I just wanted to thank you for what you have done for me" she said along with a hug.

"Aww you are welcome sweetheart" I said instantly hugging her back.

"Goodnight Mrs. Karen" Maya said leaving out the room.

"Goodnight baby" I replied. I continued drinking my wine until my glass was empty. I took my wine glass to the sink before changing into my pajamas and drifting off to sleep.

*the next day*

"Ma" I heard Kierra's voice and I felt her hands softly shaking me.

"What" I rolled over seeing Maya holding a cup of orange juice and J Drew holding a tray of breakfast.

"We decided to make you breakfast in bed Ms. Karen" Maya said with a smile.

"Aww thank you babies" J Drew placed the tray on my lap and Maya placed my orange juice on my night stand before they all gave a kiss on the cheek. They all sat on different sides of the bed before rambling about random things and I just agreed with everything they said whilst eating my breakfast.

"Mama my agent called saying designers are looking for some models in France" Ki explained. I was in shock.

"In France? Kierra that's wonderful. My baby gon be travelling" I said wiping the fake tears. We all laughed.

"They didn't say that I got approved yet. I'm still waiting on a response" Kierra explained

We continued to converse until I finished my breakfast. When I did finish, Maya grabbed my plate and cup and placed it in the sink. I thanked her before I got up out of the bed and went to the bathroom to do my morning hygiene.

Once I was done, I told everyone to start packing because we are leaving tonight. For me, packing up is the worst part of travelling because I now have to put all these clothes back into this suitcase.... This is gonna take a while, I'll be back.

• Maya

I didn't have much to pack since I've only been there for two days. When I did finish Kierra let me put my things in her suitcase and she let me sit with her and binge watch Fresh Prince of Bel-air.

I looked at the clock and it said 8:27. I then realized I've been watching this show for about six hours. Lawd, thats how you know you really into it. I had to go pee so I made my way to the bathroom. On my way to the bathroom, I saw J Drew playing his game while his clothes were still on the bed.

"J Drew I hope you know Ms. Karen isn't going to happy when she sees your clothes on the bed" I mentioned but of course he didn't pay me any mind.

"She'll be aight" he said. I shook my head as I went to the bathroom.

By the time I got out the bathroom I heard Ms. K hollering at him about his clothes. I chuckled a bit while heading back to Kierra's room.

"Does this happen all the time?" I asked refering to Ms. Karen and J Drew. She nodded her head.

"This happens every time we go somewhere" she rolled her eyes.

We tried to keep watching the TV but they were just too loud. Kiki paused the show and we just listened to them.

After a bunch of lecturing and yelling I think he somewhat understood what Ms. Karen said. Hopefully, because I can't take all that hollering again.

Karen •

"Your jet is ready" my pilot James said over the phone.

"Thank you! We are on the way" I told James. We then hung up.

"Y'all come on. We need to leave" I yelled. All three of them came down the stairs behind one another.

When we left the hotel, I immediately saw the limousine. The driver helped us with our bags. We thanked him. When we got in, Maya sat next to me and laid her head on my shoulder. Later on while we were riding, I heard faint snores coming from her. I then hear J Drew's loud snores. Every time I hear him snore, it instantly sends me memories of Drew. I miss him so dearly. If you didn't know, Drew is my husband. He's been away in the army. Some time in November he'll be back home and I'm so excited because lord knows I've missed my husband.

Enough about him. That's a very touchy subject for me. We eventually made it to the plane. Before we could even take off we were all out...