Prolouge

A singe tear dropped into the pond. She sniffled, tears trailing lines down her cheek. The woman looked down at her young daughter, who was reaching for her mother with her small, delicate hands. She could only hope this happiness would last, that the girl would live on to see another horizon.

A branch snapped, not too far away. The sound was close enough to mean something, close enough to be potentially dangerous. She swept the child up into her arms, slowly, trying desperately to remain calm for her sake. Clutching the small infant to her chest, she ran. The only thought she allowed herself to think about was the safety of her child. If she failed, who knows what would happen. She heard a distant sound. They were getting closer.

The safe house was just ahead. As it came into view, she realized how truly unsafe it had become. Flames licked the walls. Men shouted. Women cried. Children screamed in terror. The young woman had no one to turn to. It was over. Everything was gone. Her sweet baby began to cry. Fear was clearly displayed on her innocent little face.

While she racked her brain for another option, They caught up. Just as she prepared to flee once again, she spotted an older couple watching the chaos. Looking lovingly at her daughter, she ran up to their porch.

When handed the child, the older lady glanced at her husband, who was also sporting a look of utter confusion. But then suddenly, they understood, and the man nodded. He looked up as if he was going to say something, but the woman had vanished. There was no trace of her, nothing to show where she went, or if she would ever return.

***Thanks for reading! I promise it
will get better hang in there!!!! Nice comments please. I'm still new at this.*😀😀😀