𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: 𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖙𝖔 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖗 ~ 𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖆 𝖉𝖊

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: 𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖙𝖔 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖗 ~ 𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖆 𝖉𝖊𝖑 𝖗𝖊𝖞

monday 15th march 1964

a yawn escaped connie's mouth as she rolled over in her childhood bed. the sun peaked through the sheer curtains and the cold spring morning left the windows misted. a moment to cherish if you liked to appreciate life every once in a while. she hadn't slept this well in a long time.

she sat up, stretching her arms above her head before slowly getting out of bed and putting her slippers on. she trapped her way downstairs and into the kitchen where lily and charles sat eating breakfast."good morning" she mumbled, a sleepy smile on her face. "morning, sweetheart" charles greeted her. "did you sleep okay, honey?" lily asked. the lass nodded. "i slept so well" she said; emphasising on the 'so' to stress just how good it was.

"brilliant" lily smiled brightly. picking up a cup, connie poured herself a cup of coffee and helped herself to some breakfast. "we've both taken today off work so we can spend it with you" lily beamed. "what do you wanna do?" connie thought about it for a moment. a wicked smile creeped on to her lips. "oh no" charles cried, knowing what that look meant - his wife having had shared that look many times before. "shopping" connie announced and lily giggled at the thought whilst charles, on the other hand, groaned. "you're as bad as your mother, you know that?" the girls laughed.

today was gonna be a good day, connie could feel it.

🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️

georges pov

the studio was busy. the boys had their heads stuck in piles of words on paper. they were organised - to some extent. nothing compared to my train of thoughts though. at the back of my mind a voice kept telling me that i had to do something about connie. i couldn't take it anymore. about a billion ideas ran through my head yet not a single one sounded good or realistic.

"oi, george" ringo says, gaining my attention. "hmm?" i turned my head towards him, picking up a biscuit from a nearby plate.

"seen as your not as focused as we hoped, we're gonna go for a break. ye coming?" he asked, standing up from his drum kit. "uh, yeah. give me a second" he nodded and walked off with the boys. i rested my head in my hands as my elbows sat on my knees. i groaned in annoyance at the fact my brain was always occupied with thoughts of a girl who didn't love me. suddenly, an idea popped into my head. sure, it was a cruel one but it was a good one at that.

i rushed to my feet, running past the boys and crew members. "whoa, where you going buddy?" john shouted. i stopped in my tracks, a few steps infront of them, before smiling . "i'm gonna win my girl back"

🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️

back in liverpool

"those look nice, con" lily pointed at a pair of heels and connie nodded in agreement. "they do look nice, just not my style. you could get them though" the girl suggested. "oh no, they'd never suit me" lily shook her head. "yes, they would mum. along with-" connie walked over to some dresses in which she picked out a pale blue dress. "this. you'll look beautiful mum" she smiled. lily still shook her head. "charles, a little bit of help here?" connie looked over to her step-dad who was wandering quietly behind the pair. "just go and try it on love" he smiled. lily sighed, "oh okay then." she took the dress and shoes from connie and walked over to a changing room. connie and charles sat down on a nearby sofa, awaiting the reveal. "shes gonna look so pretty" connie mused, looking over to charles. he nodded. "she always does".