Skills for Psychic Development

If you are looking to reduce the time it takes for you to develop psychic abilities, the first step is to identify which psychic phenomenon you will focus on and which skills you will need to get your first experiences.

 The ability to relax the physical body is an important skill, and one that can be learned. You should be able to lie down or to be in a comfortable armchair and reach the point at which you no longer feel your physical body, while maintaining the control of your thoughts and being attentive, alert.

 Concentration is another skill that is very helpful. Lots of techniques take dozens of minutes to start working. For most, it is hard to stay focused on one technique for 10 or 20 minutes. However this is also something that can be learned. This is different from what is required for meditation. When you focus on a technique to have psychic experiences you are using your willpower, you are deliberately trying to achieve something and you're thinking may be a part of the process.

 You should also study the phenomenon, try to read accounts from people that had them, particularly those more detailed and rational descriptions. This will help you guide your efforts and gage if you are moving in the right direction when you are evaluating your attempts to get psychic perceptions.