Hungry, Hungry Dino part 1

Dinosaurs are charismatic, so it makes sense that they're largely what we think of when we think about the deep past. Just like modern animals, though, they lived inside of a complex web of life.

For carnivores, meat is meat, for the most part. Your T. Rex and raptors could probably survive just fine on modern animals-humans included though they may not enjoy it. Just like modern animals, it's likely that prehistoric predators had a preference for certain prey items, all of which wouldn't exist in a modern world.  If you've ever travelled to another country and found your palette at odds with the local cuisine, you have an idea of what it might be like. Now extend that to an entirely different planet. For all intents and purposes, the modern Earth might as well be an alien world as far as extinct dinosaurs are concerned.

Of course, we're bringing back the herbivorous dinosaurs as well, couldn't the carnivores eat them like they might have done millions of years ago? Well, yes and no. Those herbivorous depended on specific plants to survive, many of which no longer exist. In the controlled environment of a theme park, you might be able to bring back some of the plants they need to survive, or else supplement their diet to keep them healthy. Once outside of the pen, it's another story.