Prologue

○°•●☆"...May you be damned for the rest of your life, Polaris"☆●•°○

"Hey, did you manage to try out the manga I was talking about yesterday" Hita asked me while she munched on her burnt lunch. Her crumbs were getting all over the table. Making a mess on both of her lap and seat.

I was writing down an essay that was given to me earlier from my class. So, I didn't respond immediately. And focused mainly on writing the needed paragraph. Hita caught sight of this quickly and took interest in what I was doing. Slowly standing up from her seat to loom over my paper, her shadow casting itself over me.

"Oh, isn't that your long assignment for today?" She curiously asks me, her eyes stared at the papers on my hand.

"I have a part-time at the bar later, I need to finish this quickly"

"Ehh~ Diligent as always huh" she smiles at me. And continued to rummage her lunchbox as she sits back down. Hita grabs out a cutesy manga book from it, carefully dusting oof the cover with her hand and opening it. "You know, I can help you out if you want. Maybe I could take some load out of your back?" Hita states and she points at my paper. I stopped for a moment to give her a soft head pat "Appreciated, but I decline. I'm not the only one trying to make it here" Hita's eyes looked a bit guilty as I said that "I know, I know. But still, its not fair that you would manage things all on your own. I'm here if you ever need it" Hita reassures me in a calm voice.

Nodding at her words, I cleaned up the crumbs at her side. Making sure it did not dirty my paper or her clothes. Though we have an easy access laundry room inside the campus, it's not a good look to have dirty clothes in the middle of the day. We started to lay back and relax for a few minutes. Inside the small pavilion was a place to get away from the demented stares of people in the cafeteria. And the noiseless atmosphere was something I always liked in this area. Hita mainly liked it because it was right next to a beautiful view of a river near the school. It was easy to take nice photos of.

"....Do you think people at work would do the same?" Hita asks me. Her tone lowered, her hands clasped under the table. She nervously looked at me, with eyes so innocent and naive. You would question how she even navigated the world all on her own.

"We won't know for sure" I replied, writing down the last sentence for my homework. "In any case, we can just ignore them and focus on doing our jobs"

"You're always looking at the worst case scenario huh" She laughed. Taking a bite out of her 'simple sandwich and juice' despite it being stale and maybe expired. 

"Look who's talking, you've just made yourself a bland sandwich again. That's the third time this week" I tell her. She has been eating like this for three days straight. What's there not to worry about?

"H-hey! I can take care of myself just fine. I swear, I'll make a better lunch for myself! Promise!" Hita exclaims, she waves around her little sandwich to my face.

I sighed and just let her have it. And proceeded to clean up my messenger bag. Putting all the important files and assignments I need. Luckily it wasn't too bulky. Would have been a headache to carry if it was even slightly deformed inside. I picked up a small comb from one of the pockets and brushing my hair ends. My braid was holding up fine thankfully.

"Don't you have a class soon? It's almost 13:00pm" I ask, pushing back my big glasses. Don't wanna get this girl in trouble just for eating for too long.

"1pm......OH SHOOT I DO!!" Hita screamed, panicked. She hurriedly cleans up her lunchbox "U-h, uh, how many minutes do I still have?"

I slide down my hand into my pocket to grab my phone "About 10 minutes, you can make it there faster if you'll let me get you on piggyba-"