Chapter 2

Big Mistake

Pietro hated that he had gotten himself into this terrible situation

Pietro hated that he had gotten himself into this terrible situation. If Steve found out or Wanda, he'd be in so much trouble. You don't negotiate with the villains. That's like rule #1.

He did what he promised and told them that he never found Wren, which was obviously a lie. And currently, he was on his way back to her apartment. Hopeful that she would be gone.

He couldn't imagine why she would still be there. He gave her a warning. Not that she seemed to care. And why should he. Her carelessness was going to get her in much bigger trouble than Pietro Maximoff one day. And he wouldn't be there to negotiate a plan with her when it happens.

Pietro stopped when he reached the scratched up, dark brown door. It wasn't even locked. She must have been gone.

Pietro slowly opened the door, carefully stepping inside. The lights were off, and the place looked cleared out.

Pietro sighed, just glad that this whole mess was done with. He did not feel like having to make another deal with Wren Winters. Plus, he obviously knew that he couldn't beat her. She was trained to kill. He was lucky she didn't use her skills the last time they met.

Pietro walked around the tiny apartment, searching for any clues. It was still his job to find her. He assumed when he ultimately failed, someone else would help with the case.

Plus, his job wasn't to kill her, it was to find her. That's all he had to do. And yet, despite technically succeeding, it was a failure in everyone else's book.

Pietro froze when he heard a creak in the floor board. He quickly turned around to see Wren standing in front of him. A pan in her hand.

"Miss me?" He looked at her curiously. Before he could respond, Wren whacked his face with the pan, letting him fall to the ground.

A deep, laugh escaped her as she watched him bunch up on the floor. She threw the pan up into the air, catching it again.

A smile formed on Wren's face. "I've always wanted to do that. I'm like Rapunzel." She said talking to herself. She then stared down at Pietro, unconscious on the ground. "I thought you were supposed to be fast. You just keep becoming more and more disappointing."

When Pietro woke up, he found himself to no longer be in Wren's dark apartment. But, instead he was sitting in a different building. Equally as dark.

He blinked a few times, trying to regain his vision and stop the thudding in his head. Slowly, he laid eyes on the dark haired girl pacing back and forth in front of him.

"What the hell did you do?" He asked, anger seeping through his voice.

Wren turned towards Pietro, seeming unfazed by him whatsoever. She shrugged, "Change of plans. I hit you with a frying pan."