Frustration was taking stronger hold on his senses with each passing minute. Riddle had tried everything and nothing was working. Little by little, his room had fallen out of order, with every failure, both he and it suffered the consequences of his mistakes.

A greenish, goggled hedgehog watched him intently from a bed full of books, as if empathizing with the human on the verge of despair. Riddle was reading one of them intently, his vision somewhat blurred by the rabid tears growing in his tear ducts. He couldn't afford to cry, it would be useless.

"Trey, I will transform you back to human, whatever it takes. I will be the one to save you, as my name is Riddle Rosehearts!"

When Ace welcomed the new hedgehogs and saw one of an unusual color, he had the bright idea to prank his dorm leader. It was a green animal, normal and attentive to his fellow hedgehogs, come on, it was obvious what was going to happen! He even decided to give him a pair of small glasses that matched its size. At first, his leader didn't believe his words.

"Do you think you are funny, Ace?"

"If you don't believe me, that's your problem, but this animal is Trey-senpai! I've heard it from other students, who have seen him transformed by a spell."

Then The Seven, or fate, played in their favor. Trey was not answering his phone, nor was Rook. His leader told him that before the incident he had spoken to Cater about Trey and, like Riddle, he knew they had activities with the science club. But when they went there, no one was inside.

Rosehearts began to lose his patience and, to make sure the prank didn't get out of hand, Ace told his leader that he would notify the Headmaster himself. Since his leader couldn't think straight, he bought it. He would get his head chopped off, but he thought it was worth it that time. Besides, it was his little payback for how hard he'd been on him the week before, yes sir.

Once Ace and Riddle had parted ways, Rosehearts used his authority as leader to take numerous books out of the library at once, all of them transformations books, those that now lay neatly, but messily on his bed and desk.

He first checked that it was him in a final attempt to cling to the idea that it was Ace's prank. He put items like a toothbrush and a sweetened violet next to others to make sure he chose the one Trey would pick. And, once again, by the whims of destiny, it had been those that had caught the animal's attention. The results were conclusive: His boyfriend had been transformed into a hedgehog.

So first he began to go over what he knew, confident in his abilities. But then, progressively, he crossed spells off the list of each of the pages, some ancestral, that surrounded him. The anguish of not being able to help Trey grew in him and, if necessary, he would scour the entire Twisted Wonderland to find a way to return him to normal. But, as he promised, he would do it himself.

Now, he was at the last remnants of his scant patience, his face completely flushed with anger. He was at a dead end, no matter how hard he searched the pages for a way out. His red gem stopped glowing as he uttered yet another spell.

"It's useless as well!" He yelled, startling the poor creature, who made his way to the edge of the bed. "Trey, wait! You're going to hurt yourself!"

Riddle was able to get his hands in front of it in time. The hedgehog placed two paws on them and sniffed him for a few seconds. Finding security in the leader of the roses, he curled up on them, and only then did he allow himself to pet it. Even turned into this adorable animal, he managed to extinguish the sparks of his anger.