Chapter 32 - Glowing

When we made it back home to the castle, the only person to greet us was Sage. To say she was surprised is an understatement. Her eyes instantly went to Matthew's neck, and they widen. Her mouth agape and stare confused. I think a part of her was thrilled but another seemed bewildered. It's just not common for males to bare the Mark. Regardless, she approved—insinuating to Matthew that he'll probably get a lot of stares and looks. He doesn't seem to mind at all.

Matthew and I slept for what feels like days. The exhaustion of Lila's visit hitting us equally hard. We curled up in our bed together and other than water or bathroom breaks—we slept. It was probably the best sleep I've had since I arrived. My wolf purring and content.

Our duties to the pack weren't so easily disregarded. Waking up two mornings later, I realize that I have a class to teach—as does Matthew.

"Will I see you class today?" Matthew asks me with a smile as he pulls out some orange juice for our breakfast. "I'll be going over our modern history and how we've evaded humans."

"Of course." I wink at him causing him to hum. "I'll be in the back row as always. Daydreaming of what it would be like to screw the Professor."

He grins happily, his eyes darkening slightly but he quickly shakes it off. "Don't forget this weekend is the fundraiser at Eli's."

"I won't," I grab a quick breakfast. Placing an apple between my teeth as I check the time. I've got to run to class, or I'll be late. I can't help but jump when I see the hour. Pulling my winter coat over my body and with my mouth full of apple I manage, "I've got to run."

I'm just about rushing out the door when I feel Matthew grab my hand. He pulls me back, taking the apple out of my mouth and quickly pressing a hot kiss against my lips. It only lasts for a few seconds, but it has my entire body tingling and feeling reckless.

I smile brightly as soon as Matthew pulls away, his devilish grin handsome as ever. "Good luck today gorgeous," He takes a bite out of my apple before sticking it back between my teeth.

I feel lightheaded but walk out of the castle with a ridiculous smile. Waiting for me just outside is Tyler, who's already been assigned to be my personal babysitter. He chuckles when he see's me, "Seems like someone is in a good mood. All lovey-dovey with your man again, huh, Holms?"

I roll my eyes, tossing my apple at Tyler who catches it swiftly with a laugh. "Let's go Nanny."

"Ouch," Tyler presses his fist to his chest. "That one hit home."

Tyler and I rush over to my class. Unfortunately for him, he'll have to start attending all my lectures. He takes a seat next to his friends—Evan in particular, who I've noticed is keeping himself rather close to Ashley. I'll have to ask her about that some other time. I thought that Tyler would be bored of my lecture but at one point, he started asking questions too and it was more than welcomed.

To my delight, no one mentions anything about Lila. I know that she sent out a message to the pack that she had returned. I'm not entirely sure what kind of damage control Matthew and Sage did, but whatever it was, it did wonders. I wouldn't want to answer any unsolicited questions and I'm just thankful that no one is prying.

"Everyone don't forget that this weekend is the charity event at Eli's." I let them know as class comes to an end. Evan's hand shoots into the air and I can't help but roll my eyes playfully. "Yes?"

He leans forward in his desk, "Are we going to see litty titty Mia?"

"Depends how much you donate," I wink at him and everyone in the class starts cheering. All of them already clearing their calendars to come to the Full Moon.