A New Client

Hu Tao sat down on her cuihua wood chair. The dark brown haired girl sat somewhat like a delinquent on it. She was bored of the fact that no one was purchasing coffins or looking for her services and that Zhongli had told her to stay in the funeral parlor due to the fact that she recently got in trouble with multiple citizens. 

"What a stingy bunch.." Hu Tao mumbled. She checked her watch for a moment before pulling out her phone and decided to make another promotional poster in her free time. She'd probably make the base now and tweak it later.

"Hm.. yep that looks good!" The girl smiled intently upon the small promotional picture she had made on a site. Her red eyes looked back at the door before she went back to customizing the poster.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Miss Hu Tao. Its 6:43. I think its time you go to eat." A tall, dark haired man in a suit said. "Ah, Zhongli- I see.. I must've fallen asleep" Hu Tao startledly said as she looked up to the man. "Alright! Let's go for dinner." The young woman invited the man. Zhongli nodded before Hu Tao got up and left the funeral parlor.

Hu Tao brought the consultant to the Third Round Knockout and sat down. Zhongli picked up the menu and browsed the items before making his choice. "Slow-cooked bamboo-shoot soup, please. Thank you." Zhongli said, gently smiling and thanking the waiter before looking towards Hu Tao who was currently picking. "What about you ma'am?" The waiter asked. 

"Hm.. I'll have some jade parcels please." Hu Tao said to the waiter before handing it and looking back to Zhongli. 

'Zhongli is busy managing something on his phone again.. this is boring.. and I can't advertise while in a restaurant WITH Zhongli here..' Hu Tao unhappily thought. Her eyes were practically screaming with boredom. 'Oh how I wish something interesting would pop up!' She thought, half jokingly. 

"Hey Mei, did you hear about the ghost sighting near Wangshu Inn?" A white haired girl asked her friend. "Huh? Oh.. no but that place is old so I guess it'd be normal for ghosts to appear there? I don't know.. I don't believe in ghosts, Kiana." The purple haired girl replied.

'A ghost sighting? This might just what I've been looking for! There've been really little customers lately so I suppose I could visit later.' Hu Tao thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hu Tao finished up her jade parcels then waited for Zhongli to finish his soup. A while after, the consultant finished his soup and checked his phone. 

"Ah, I have some important business to attend to at the moment, miss Hu Tao. I suppose this is where I'll have to bid goodbye." Zhongli said, dabbing the tissue napkin on his lips before Hu Tao stood up. 

"Ah! Alright then. Goodbye, mr. Zhongli." Hu Tao eagerly stood up. "Goodbye, miss Hu Tao." Zhongli softly smiled, got up, and left. 

'Yes! Now I can go! I just need to wait for him to be a little out of sight and- there!' Hu Tao left the restaurant and checked her phone. "Ok. So Wangshu Inn is a bit far. I'll just get a taxi and head there." She said to herself.

Hu Tao looked out for a taxi and raised her hand. Soon enough a taxi drove to her and she went in. "Wangshu Inn please." Hu Tao said, buckling up. "Ok." The taxi driver nodded before driving out. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hu Tao sat boredly staring through the taxi's drizzled window. It'd probably been 45-50 minutes since she left the Third Round Knockout. 

"We're here." The driver said, looking back a bit at Hu Tao. "Ah, thank you! Here's the pay." She said, giving her mora and leaving with her bag. 

The building was far from the city and looked like an inn placed on top of giant rock with an also-giant tree and roots embracing the said rock. 

"Woah!" Hu Tao exclaimed. She saw the photos of Wangshu Inn on her phone but didn't know that it'd be this magnificent. "Hehe well its time to investigate!"