1: Let go

Irene's pov.

I am fully aware that my husband is engaging in infidelity. I knew every detail, Despite this painful truth, I chose to conceal my awareness and act as if nothing had occurred.

Alam kong ang na ang tanga tanga ko...
But what can I do? Mahal ko ang asawa ko.

*****

While I was arranging my books in our room, my husband's unexpected arrival caught me off guard.

"Oh hon, have you already--" I was abruptly interrupted as he cut me off. "Sign this," he said

He handed me an envelope, which I reluctantly opened, only to find an annulment paper enclosed.

"H-hon naman.." I stammered, shocked by the contents of the envelope.

"Sign it, Irene." he insisted, his tone devoid of any compassion.

With teary eyes, I mustered the courage to protest, "No, hon, please, no. I don't want this.." I couldn't bear the thought of putting my signature on that.

"Irene, just fucking sign it! I don't love you anymore! I love Bea! Sya lang ang mahal ko!" he cruelly declared, shattering my heart into a million pieces.

From "Ikaw lang ang mahal ko." to "Sya lang ang mahal ko."

I used to hold my husband's heart.. what happened now?

Desperation withstood me as I fought for what was rightfully mine.

"You loved me first! That woman is just your mistress! She's your fucking MISTRESS! I am your wife! I am the mother of your daughter!" I pleaded, trying to remind him of the love we once had.

Please, don't leave me hanging.

He looked at me solemnly and uttered words that would forever haunt me: "She is pregnant." In an instant, my entire world crumbled. "The baby she is carrying isn't mine... But I can be a father to her baby," he added, callously revealing his plans.

W-what?

Overwhelmed with a whirlwind of emotions, I couldn't help but voice my concerns.

"What about our daughter? What about Claudia? What about me? Hon..please..ako nalang..please choose me.." I said, desperately seeking answers amid this heart-wrenching situation.

"I don't care about you anymore and as for MY DAUGHTER, I'll take her." Greggy declared, leaving me utterly shattered and bewildered.

Even my daughter? Kukunin nya? No!

Wrought with disbelief and anguish, I could no longer bear the weight of the situation. Without a second thought, I crumpled the paper in my hand, symbolizing my refusal to accept this heartbreaking reality.

"No! I will never fucking sign this piece of shit! Greggy, please, I don't want us to end like this, please.. don't take Claudia.." I sobbed uncontrollably, desperately clutching at the last threads of our crumbling relationship.

"I can't bear the thought of losing you, hon," I added.

In my vulnerable state, I reached out to him, hoping that my embrace would somehow keep us together. But he coldly pushed me away, his indifference slicing through my heart like a sharp knife.

With each step he took towards the door, a part of me shattered into a million pieces.

As he left our room, he left me behind, consumed by an overwhelming sense of helplessness. The room echoed with the sound of my cries, the tears streaming down my face mirroring the pain that engulfed my entire being. I was left alone, abandoned in a sea of heartache, with no solace in sight.

This is something that I've never anticipated.

As my daughter approached me and wrapped her little arms around me, my tears flowed even more relentlessly. At that moment, the weight of the situation bore down on me, overwhelming any strength I had left.

"I'm so sorry, anak," I whispered between sobs, my voice trembling with anguish. "You shouldn't have to witness your parents like this. I've tried, baby..I've fought with every fiber of my being to keep our family intact. I truly have."

My daughter clung to me, her innocent eyes filled with fear, she pleaded, "Mommy, are you okay? I'm scared. I-I don't want this."

Gently, I wiped away my tears and held her delicate face in my trembling hands. "I'm sorry, anak," I whispered, my voice choked with sorrow. "I'm sorry that you have to witness me in this state. I'm sorry that you have to endure the pain of this situation. Mommy is so sorry. Please forgive mommy.."

In that heartbreaking moment, I embraced my daughter with all the strength I could muster. We clung to each other, our tears intermingling as we sought solace in one another's embrace.

I couldn't bear the thought of letting go of my precious daughter, my ray of light in the darkest of times. Losing her was unthinkable, an unbearable pain that threatened to consume me entirely..

****
To be continued!