𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

- Your Uniform -

- Your Uniform -

By now, you were sat on the very ledge of your newly decorated bay window - soft black pillows with purple piping and a baby pink comforter with silk polka dots warming the icy chill of your legs. 

"And who is this gorgeous little thing?" You hum, reaching out for the lump of silver-grey fur that had already headed your way. 

The cat licks your fingertip softly, purring in an effort to show satisfaction at the way you sooth strokes of love up and down its chin, breaking laughter as it curls even closer than before. 

Haerin joins you for a moment, taking the curler out of her bangs and giving her freshly painted nails one last comical blow. "We should really get going." You nod in agreement, furrowing a brow when the cat is no longer in sight. "Right, don't want to be late for my first assembly." 

Haerin chuckles - because it seems the two of you did just that.

Arriving a little later than expected due to a strawberry milk detour had the girl tugging you excitedly behind her, almost as if she was showing off her shiniest new present under the Christmas tree to the entire student body - seated patiently for assembly to begin.

There are wide eyes just about everywhere because, well, here you were.

The mysterious new girl - fresh blood - a novelty they didn't have the  luxury of feeling all too often considering this was a top secret school, protecting monsters and beasts of all kind.

"She's gorgeous!"

"Who's that?"

 "Her parents must be angels or something-"

The gossip begins and you stay unbothered, being quite used to the marvel of your features ever since the start of womanhood.

"Hey pretty girl." Karina bites her lip when you sit beside her and you manage a devious smile, Haerin taking her designated spot beside Sullyoon and Bahiyyih. 

This was it. 

You had made it, finally.

"Quiet down now students - let's begin." The principal stands tall, a face of morbid grimace you assumed must've been their usual expression.

"I wish I could stand here today and deliver the news I'd been preparing these past few weeks, however, it has come to my attention that we have a thief amongst our student body." 

Then, the penny drops.

From a sideways glance, you notice Karina smirking and Haerin physically forcing herself not to puke right there and then in fear. 

Play it cool. Your mind whispers.

"The Mercury Cup was stolen after lights out yesterday and up until this moment - it has not been returned, with absolutely no inkling to its whereabouts, we are forced to take action."

"If I do not receive the cup on my desk by midnight, tonight - I will be driving a thorough investigation into its current hiding place - and any students with even the slightest information are obliged to come forward, if you are caught hiding secrets to do with this matter - consider yourself removed from the school-"

She pauses, glancing over at you and you pray its just by chance.

"effective immediately." 

Her gaze snaps to the next person, allowing you to exhale as Karina seems to shuffle closer, checking your pulse with her index and pointer finger before chuckling. "Cute." She mumbles and you hiss, hating the fact she'd caught you at weak moment. 

Immense chatter begins to fill the hall as the principal leaves in a fit of fiery haste and the commotion has you peering over your shoulder, making out a few boyish figures on the other side of the hall. They begin to weave through the crowd, slowly, as more students begin to pick up the pace of leaving the area and Dia reaches for your hand, tugging you towards the rest of the girls. 

When you get the chance to turn back, it seems they're already gone, just a row of empty seats in which they'd been sat seconds before. 

"Y/N!" Bahiyyih joins your side. "You'll be joining me for herbal tea after school I hope, my brother and his nerdy friends own the cutest spell shop in town." She smiles cheekily, flashing you her pearly whites with a flirty wink that has Karina shooting lasers into her head.

"Witches honour." Her hand forms a symbol and you grin, being quite the fan of tea yourself. 

"I'd really like that." Bahiyyih pulls you into a sideways cuddle as the eight of you leave the hall, getting on with your day and everything in between up until lunchtime when you decide to take a few moments for yourself, returning to your shared dormitory alone with a puzzled expression.

As soon as you shift the handle of your door, you're met with a folded piece of white card, eyes widening and claws forcing themselves out as an instinct when the words rapidly process in your brain.

Written in ambiguous newspaper clippings - ransom note style - is what appears to be a threatening letter, you read as follows aloud to your audience of sleepy cats.

"ᖇETᑌᖇᑎ TᕼE ᑕᑌᑭ, Oᖇ EᒪᔕE."