Confusion

Austin's POV:

I ran all the way home. I didn't live far from the company, anyways. Once I was there, I sat at my desk just to rest. So much happened today...

The inescapable silence made it hard to think. I got up and walked to my bathroom, deciding to take a shower. As I turned on the warm water, I thought to myself:

What the actual fuck just happened? I almost got murdered by a crazy bitch because he was jealous of... me. I stopped to think deeper about the fact that someone wanted to be like me. I'd never met anybody who'd want to be as stupid as me. I shook it off. I shouldn't be happy that someone was jealous of me. That motherfucker nearly killed me. INTENTIONALLY. I stood in silence as the water hit my back. I didn't know what else to think about, and I'd already been in the shower for about 10 minutes, so I decided to turn off the water and get out. It was around 5:00 PM by now, and there was enough time for me to go out and get something to eat. I got dressed and picked up my car keys from my nightstand.

Walking out, the sun was already setting; the sky was in a purple and orange haze. I headed towards my car and unlocked it while opening the rearview mirror and the door to the driver's seat soon after. Just as I was about to go in, I saw someone running out of the corner of my eye. It wasn't very bright out, so the only thing I could make out was a shadowy figure running across the road. I shrugged it off, as it was probably just somebody who was in a rush for something important. Either way, it was nothing of my concern. I stepped into my car and pushed the key in to start it up. I then sat there for a moment, thinking about what I was going to do now. I hadn't even thought of where I wanted to go to eat. I sighed, thinking while staring at my hands that gripped the wheel.

I'm just gonna get sushi.

I pulled out of my driveway and drove off. Wait... where was I going? I guess I was just craving sushi, so I had to drive around looking for a place that sells it. You know what? Fuck it. I'm just going to the first food place I see. It's getting late, anyways.

I began driving for what felt like 6 whole minutes. But in reality, the clock had just changed from 6:08 PM to 6:09 PM. Finally, I stopped at a burger place, sighing. I felt more tired than usual. Did the drugs that Henry put in my coffee have some sort of side effects..? Fuck.

I walked in and went to order my food. There weren't many people there, just some random strangers who were probably as tired as me. After a few minutes, I left and headed back to my car. God, I was dizzy... And I'm smart enough to know that I shouldn't be driving while I just recovered from drugged coffee, so I just decided to eat in my car...

By the time I got home, it was a bit darker outside. The sun was no longer visible and the sky was fading into a dark blue with some other colors still present. All of a sudden, I heard... gunshots..? N-No, maybe it was just the sound of someone driving too fast and their exhaust pipe was fucked up...? I hoped it was that.

I unlocked my door, walked inside, and threw my keys onto the couch, too tired to do anything else. The gunsh- (No, the car. It was a car, right?) continued. What the hell was happening out there? God, my neighborhood is crazy...

I just slept on the couch.