More Answers

" A wizardress." Those were the words she said. We all stared blankly. Her finger regained color, then started changing colors. " See, this is magic." My mind was bursting with questions.

" How'd you become a wizard?"

" Can you teach us?"

" Do all wizards go to public schools?" My friends also obviously had a lot of questions.

" Um, I was born a wizard. I can teach you, but learning requires time. And... no, not all wizards go to public schools. Some do, others go to magic schools."

" Wow, I can't believe I'm friends with a wizard!" Audrey sputtered.

"Yeah that's pretty amazing!" Gabby couldn't help but agree.

" I know this is amazing and all, and I don't wanna ruin this moment, but lets get back on topic."

" Yes, we should get back to that. I was running from a spy. "

Trying to remember, I realized there wasn't a spy chasing her, well I didn't see one. " I don't remember seeing a spy. Were they invisible?"

" No, well not to wizards. But to mortals, yes, he was invisible."

" How come only wizards can see them? What about us 'mortals'." Gabby scolded, looking offended.

" I didn't mean that in an offensive way, that's just how wizards address humans that cannot do magic."

Being the nicest one, Audrey wasn't okay all this fighting.

" So, what were you saying about the spy?"

" Like I said, only wizards can see them, along with lots of other crazy things, but this wasn't an ordinary goon."

" Goon?"

" Yeah, usually they send a henchman or minion guy. Basically anything in human form so it appears 'normal' and not easy to recognize in the background. But this time they didn't even try, they sent a hideous creature. It looked like a centaur, but instead of eyes, dark holes of infinite nothingness, and dark beaten up skin."

" So fantasy creatures aren't make believe either?"

" To tell the truth all fantasy creatures are real, and there are some too horrifying to put in stories. We call those, unspeakables "

" Why were you being spied on?"

" Because I'm in a secret wizard group determined to collect all of the dangerous magic artifacts out there before they're found by evil wizards."

" Wow that's pretty intense, actually. Why are the artifacts dangerous?"

" They contain ancient secrets that reveal some old and very powerful magic. Like, so powerful that it could kill hundreds at once."

" I wouldn't want to be dealing with that stuff."

" I don't always either, but millions of lives depend on me. I'm sorta in a CIA of magic."

" Sounds like a lot of responsibility."

" Yeah, I guess it is."

" Can you get us in?" What? If it was you I bet you couldn't bear not asking either.

" Yes. But first I need to teach you magic." -0-