Epilogue|JustDMBooks

Maddie's POV:
(freshman year of college)

Once the school found out that Josh had written the Sweet and Sour list, he was suspended from school for a week.

I would have suspended him for the rest of the year, but it was unfortunately not my decision to make.

Most of the people at school, including Kalani and me, shunned him. His last semester in high school was hell.

Served him right. He knew that karma is a bitch.

Without a list defining her, Kalani was able to find more friends. They made their own decisions on her and realized that Lani was not as sour as the list said.

Her last semester of High School was bliss.

Kalani and I graduated with honors, and went to different colleges. We still visit each other on the weekends and go to parties together.

Kalani has found a new, mature boyfriend named Tyler, and they are adorable.

---

My phone rings, and I try to skillfully grab it as I keep my hands on the wheel. Kalani is calling me.

"Hey!" I say into the phone, excited to hear my friend's voice.

"HEY, MADS, ARE YOU COMING TO THE PARTY?" My friend yells through my phone which I have pulled it slightly from my head.

"Yep, I'm in the car now."

"YES! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN!" I take the phone from my ear once again.

"Are you drunk, already?" I ask her seriously.

"I ONLY HAD TWO, OFFICER!" She says with a slur so 'officer' sounds like 'offither'.

"Sure," I say sarcastically, "I'll be there in five."

"OKAY, LOVE YOU, SUGAR!"

"Love you, sour."

"Maddie?" Kalani says seriously as I get ready to hang up.

"What?"

"Have you ever noticed how many candy jokes we make?"

"Nope."

"Well, we make a lot." I can almost feel her smile through my phone.

"Honey what you waiting for? Step into my candy store!" I sing loudly into my phone. I hear Kalani groan dramatically.

"Good. Bye. Maddie."

"Bye!" I sing into my phone.

I hang up my iPhone and continue with my drive to the campus.

Kalani and I are like pieces of candy. We are different, yet perfect. The world is our candy store to explore.