First (Half) Week of School

Once orientation is over, the rest of the day speeds by, I stay at home, getting everything ready for the first day of school, we eat pasta sauce at home for dinner, I feed the dog and cat, and I go to bed.

The next day I wake up at six as I have a dreadful alarm clock. As customary, I roll over and go back to sleep for around 40 mins. Once my mother gets me up. I put on my uniform, grab my bag and breakfast, and wait for my mother to be ready so we can leave for school.

Once we arrive at school, I jump out of the car and run inside so I'm not late. When I arrive at Homeroom, I see everyone crowding around the new girls. I put my stuff down and wait for the teachers to arrive.

Homeroom begins with attendance. We don't have any positions yet, so the teachers take attendance for now. I sit next to my friends, everyone calls us the "Wolf Pack" and I suppose we are kind of wolfish. There are no announcements, so we talk. We talk about odd topics like, if we should attack at the beginning of the year or not or, we should fight at all or not. There are also conversations of fencing and who's joining the swim team. Everyone receives a hard copy of their schedule and we all head to our first classes, science or french.

I go to science, hoping for something exciting, but instead all we do is introduce ourselves (everyone besides the teacher knows everyone already) and play a "get to know you" game (again everyone besides the teacher knows everyone already). We have a boring class and then head to snack.

The rest of the day was boring, all we did was label and sign up for teams.

The next day we started actual classes.

In Math I had to sit next to the new girl, Avonne, so much for not getting involved. We started algebra, which I already understood, so that was boring, but more fun than labeling.

In English we started reading The Diary of Anne Frank and a class reading novel. English seems to be a fun class where I'll learn a lot. I'll enjoy English.

In P.E. we started learning the 17 rules of soccer, or football in England. After that, we play a friendly match on the Turf. Avonne is the goalie, Jane and Violet are the defenders, Avery is the striker, and Catherine and I are the midfielders. We aren't a very good team, but we win 2 of the 3 matches.

In our last class, History, we look at an old photo of the nurses from the Influenza Pandemic. We see different things in the photo.

That was my day.

Friday passed in a blur as I was happy for the weekend.

That was my first (half) week of school.