Chapter 17

Sorrows' POV

"And that's how I defeated The dragon girl." Hawkfrost said proudly as he leaned back and closed his eyes.

"When you made that bet with Supah have you maybe thought about the fact that Hawkfrost can't walk?" I angrily whispered to Lara.

"He can walk.....It all depends on his will." I said and we both laughed.

"Hey Sorrows?" Hawkfrost opened one of his eyes and looked at us "When will my leg heal?"

"If you treat it carefully enough, two weeks or so." I said.

"Two weeks?!" Hawkfrost exclaimed "I can't wait that long! I need to fight villains!"

"Well too bad sir, you'll wait here with Sorrows until your leg heals." Lara scolded him. Hawkfrost groaned as he rolled over on his stomach.

"Dinner's served." Ross announced as he lifted the stick with the roasted rabbit we had caught earlier. He walked around, equally sharing and giving everybody their part.

"You might always screw everything up but at least you're good at cooking." Olivia said and smiled.

"Was that supposed to be a compliment?" Ross tried to act offended but he obviously found it funny.

"I should've put it differently huh?" Olivia said quietly and Lara next to me burst out laughing. 

"I wonder if animals can turn into villains as well..." I thought out loud as I was chewing.

"Probably not, they're put here for food." Lara answered "But hey, theorizing is your job now."

"Just don't use me as an experiment." Hawkfrost said and yawned as he turned to the other side, facing the forest. I didn't know much about Hawkfrost's origins but I knew he was a cat in the book where Lara knew him from. That was probably why he made that joke. 

"Talking about animals being put here." I stopped eating and looked at the sky, sharp peaks of the branches blocking the view as well "I wonder who put us here..."

"See now we're theorizing!" Lara said and give me a light punch in the shoulder.

"My guess is Skybrine. He is evil and all, and the main villain isn't he?" Olivia guessed.

"That makes me the main survivor." Hawkfrost said loudly from his side of the camp. He was probably just pretending to sleep and secretly listening to us.

"But you gotta think further than that." I ignored him and went on. "There are still plenty of secrets hidden from us."

"Answers will come with time." Supah said as he threw a twig in the fire. I watched as the soft wood bended in the twig and eventually burnt leaving ashes behind.

"Look at you sounding all smart." Lara joked.

"I know right, Jerome should've given me his place." Supah said and we all laughed. Except Hawkfrost who was probably half asleep by now.

But still, Supah did have a pretty good point.

"I'm kinda tired." Lara yawned loudly.

"You should get some sleep, you've been through a lot since your last decent sleep." I told her. She stood up and walked over to Hawkfrost. I snorted as she plopped straight on his side. 

"Sup can I sleep here?" she said casually and I tried to keep my laughter in.

"You can sleep next to me but you can't sleep on my hip." Hawkfrost said grumpily.

"Okay cool." she said and and crawled over him.

"Because you just couldn't go around." Hawkfrost groaned.

"Shut up."

I looked at Supah "Won't you get some sleep as well? You slept even less than all of us."

"I guess." Supah shrugged. "But who's going to be the night watch?" 

"Me and Ross." I suggested. Both of us probably had the most sleep from all of us. "Hey Ross? Is that okay with you?" I looked at him.

"I'm not really tired so sure thing." Ross said happily.

"That means I get to sleep as well." Olivia smiled as she up curled in a comfortable position near the fireplace "Good night friends."

"Night." Supah yawned.

I soon noticed that Ross looked troubled.

"Hey, is everything alright?" I asked him and put my hand on his back. He looked at me surprised but then his expression became worried again.

"You don't know how I met Ty, do you?" he said sadly.

"You've never told anybody so I don't, sorry." I said.

"He was the first person that I've ever met in this forest. We were surviving partners and friends for weeks." He said and sighed "I was just a fan but... he treated me so nicely."

"How did he become a villain?" I asked "You know...if you're okay with sharing it." He nodded and cleared his throat.

"One night, I believe it was full moon he didn't talk at all. Something attacked him, not a villain. He told me to run and that's what I did." His voice started trembling "I didn't even try to help him."

"Maybe he's a different kind of villain, maybe the name Enderlox doesn't even fit him. Think, we've never even seen him." I tried to cheer him up.

"But we have, I have." He said.

"When?"

"the night Icee attacked first, when I was getting the firewood... He came out of nowhere. Trust me when I say this Sorrows, he is very much a villain and he is not a nice one." 

I was quiet for a while.

"Maybe you and Supah could train together? He is in a similar situation." I said.

"It could work but... Supah is so much tougher than me." He said and sighed "I'm just the kid that screws everything up."

"No, don't you ever say that!" I scolded him "Just because you're a bit unlucky it doesn't mean you suck and it absolutely doesn't mean you're useless to this group."

"Hey, thanks Sorrows. That actually... Really helped." He said more cheerfully. I smiled as in a way of saying you're welcome.

It was quiet for a while so I let myself think while looking around. My eyes stopped on Hawkfrost and Lara for a while.

"Cute, aren't they?" I looked at Ross "I might be a male but I sure do love shipping."

"Good to hear." I chuckled.

"Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced themselves as a couple before we even got out of here." Ross said. That got me thinking, what will happen when we defeat all the villains. There were so many possible endings, good and bad, all made sense. I kept my sigh in as I became a bit worried.

But then I remembered what Supah said.

Answers will come with time.