Chapter 8

Supah's POV

I had to be careful not to get my feet stuck among the brambles. I was the last, covering everybody's back. I looked at Bashey. He was struggling to carry all the stuff. "Ross, should we switch?" I asked, hoping I wouldn't be the one in the greatest danger anymore. "Uh no,thanks," Ross quickly said back. Of course. Carrying tons of crap is better than being last. If I stayed behind I'd be an easy victim for the monsters. "Can't Lara carry any stuff?" Ross complained. I imagined Lara rolling her eyes. "No," Hawkfrost said. he was the first "girls shouldn't carry too heavy stuff." Lara wasn't empty-handed however. She carried a few weapons, since they weren't heavy it was no problem at all. "If you can't take it anymore, switch with Supah," Hawkfrost suggested. "No thanks," Ross shook his head "I don't want to be eaten by monsters," he joked. "Very funny," Lara said,very,VERY unamused. Right at that moment The dark space was lit up by fire but not ordinary fire. Green fire. The fire hit Ross and threw him back. He screamed in pain. Surely he was in thorns but I knew those weren't the cause of pain. His right shoulder was nothing but a big burn, toxic burn. Lara immediately reacted. She took one of the weapons in her hand and attacked the monster, I couldn't see its face, it was hidden behind the trees. Hawkfrost then leaped into the forest. I moved closer to see what was going on. Hawkfrost was fighting a normal teenager,in fact Hawkfrost was bigger than him. In fact I recognized him, sort of.... I knew he was a youtuber, but I couldn't remember his name. What seemed unnatural and wrong on him were his eyes. Neon green. The branches around them were lit up in small flames. 

In the end Hawkfrost won. The monster ran away in the forest. Hawkfrost was lucky one of the flames didn't hit him. Reaaaaally lucky. We couldn't even share a word, the screaming behind us was too loud.  "IT HURTS SO MUCH! MAKE IT STOP!" Ross cried. "I didn't whine so much when I was in such pain," Hawkfrost said. "This isn't the time for jokes," Lara hissed. We picked Ross out of the thorns, luckily there was a clearing not too far away so we could treat him there. "Does anybody have any clue how to treat toxic burns?" Lara said. She looked at us desperately. I sighed and shook my head. "How about you and Supah try finding some ordinary herbs?" Hawkfrost suggested. He was like the leader around here so we had to obey. "Should we split or not?" Lara asked me. "I think we should split."

I leaned forward to pick up a couple of small green leaves I spotted among the thorns. I almost had them in my hand when I heard a noise. I looked around me. Nothing. Only high trees with sparks(?) of moonlight on them. the only noise was Bashey's screaming far away. Better to be safe than sorry. I took out my knife. It wasn't much but enough to defend myself.  I kept on observing the space around me. Just when I was about to turn back I spotted them. Hidden in the shadows, a pair of eyes. I leaped at the enemy. Thorns scratched me but I didn't even care. I pinned the person on the ground. She stared at me, shocked. Either I came across a fresh monster or I just found the most rare thing around here. Human.

"Who are you?" I demanded, pointing my knife at her. She turned around. "Please d-don't hurt me," she sobbed me. I rolled my eyes. "I'm not a monster okay?" I sighed annoyed. I stood up and offered her my hand. "My name is Supah," I introduced myself with a small smile. She refused but finally, she took my hand and got up. "Sorrows," she said "But you can call me Omnomabels."(holly shit im so sorry if i spelt your name wrong ;-; ) Bashey's scream echoed in the distance away. "Are you gonna help me fight that villain?" she asked. "Villain?" I repeated surprised "that's my...leader....Hawkfrost,he's treating a member from our group," I said. "You have a group?!" her eyes widened. I nodded. "And that dude needs help?" 

I nodded again and she was already running towards the scream.

When we were there the screaming hurt my ears. Not only it was loud, it was  agonizing, even for those who only listened. Sorrows watched at the boy with her eyes narrowed. "Supah who the hell is this?!" Hawkfrost hissed. "Sorrows,she's here to help," I explained. By Hawkfrost's expression I could tell he wanted to argue but he kept his mouth shut. "Toxic burns?" she asked. I nodded,probably for the millionth time today. She kneeled down and opened her bag, taking out a few herbs I've seen a couple of time. "I've dealt with such injury lately," she said while placing the leaves on Bashey' shoulder. "Does that mean you know other people?" Hawkfrost asked. It was rare for him but he actually sounded surprised. "Yes," Sorrows answered. "Supah, Lara still hasn't come back. Could you go look for her?" Hawkfrost requested. Again, you can't obey the leader so I did like he said.

I didn't spend much time looking for Lara. She wasn't far away and I led her back to the clearing, telling her what happened.

When we came back the place was filled with new people. Bashey laid still,probably sleeping. I recognized one person,besides Hawkfrost,Anjali and Bashey of course. Jerome. But there was another girl,her hair were tawny and she had a red shirts,ripped(??) at certain places. Lara stopped. The girl looked at her. "OMG LARA!" she fangirled and hugged her. Lara hugged her back. "Dude,what are you doing here?!" Lara asked. "Dunno,I somehow got here!" The girl shrugged. Then she turned to Jerome and Sorrows. "But I have a team,you already know Jerome." When Jerome's name was mentioned he spun towards Lara and smiled warmly. Lara smiled back. Then the girl turned to Sorrows. "This is Omnomables,but you can also call her Sorrows." This time there was no smiling,no saving. There was staring. Lara stared at  Sorrows. Sorrows stared at Lara. Jerome looked surprised,not sure what to do. Hawkfrost's icy blue eyes were fixed on Lara and a moment later on Anjali. Bashey was sleeping so he was missing all the staring fun. "L-LaraDaPuppeh," said Anjali. "LostInSorrows," said Lara. Then there was no more staring,this time hugging and squealing. "Wow Lara," Hawkfrost said once they broke the hug "You REALLY know everybody around here,don't you?" he joked.

Everybody were happy,now there were a lot of us,teaming together against the monsters.