cooking 4

Ingredients

FOR THE GRAHAM CRACKERS
1 cup vegan sugar, plus 1/3 cup for sprinkling
3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups rice flour, plus 1/2 cup for dusting
1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup melted refined coconut oil or canola oil, plus 1/4 cup for brushing
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup cold water

FOR THE FILLING
2 cups Ricemellow Crème (see page 17)
1 batch or a little less Sugar-Sweetened Chocolate Dipping Sauce (page 123) or Agave-Sweetened Chocolate Glaze (page 124)

Directions

1
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line rimmed 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2
In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/3 cup vegan sugar and 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon. Set aside.
3
In a medium bowl, whisk together the 1 1/2 cups rice flour, the all-purpose flour, the remaining sugar and cinnamon, the ginger, xanthan gum, and salt. Add the 3/4 cup coconut oil, the agave nectar, and the vanilla and mix with a rubber spatula until a very thick dough forms. Slowly add the cold water and continue mixing until the dough is slightly sticky. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4
Dust a clean work surface with most of the remaining 1/2 cup rice flour and place the dough in the center. Roll the dough around until it is entirely covered in rice flour. Sprinkle the rolling pin with rice flour and roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a knife, cut the dough into 3-inch squares. Transfer to the baking sheets, placing the squares about 1 inch apart. Brush the squares with the remaining 1/4 cup coconut oil, then sprinkle each with 3/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake for 10 minutes, rotate, and bake until the crackers are deep golden, about 5 minutes more. Let stand on the baking sheets for 10 minutes.
5
Flip half of the graham crackers wrong side up. Drop 2 heaping tablespoons of Ricemellow Crème onto each graham cracker, drizzle with 1 1/4 teaspoons chocolate sauce, and top with a second graham cracker.