CHAPTER 5: Drive to Survive

Kanan POV

"Woah. You built that?" Preston asked when all of us walked over to where Calvin and Hayley were to see his newly built motorcycle.

"Uh, yeah, well sorta. I took off three junker motorcycles and salvaged enough to make this one, not bad, eh?" Calvin said.

"I always wanted to learn to drive a motorcycle" Brody said.

"It looks really fast. I really like it! Calvin, can I please ride it after you pretty please?" Sarah said as she was jumping up and down a little bit.

"Don't get too excited now" I said as I was trying to calm her down a little.

"Uh, yeah. Even better, you can be the first one to test drive it" Calvin said.

"What? No way. You should definitely ride it first. I wanna see how fast you can really go and I'll try and beat your record" Sarah said.

"She does have a competitive side when it comes to speed but not as good as me" I said as the others laughed a little.

"No, really. Really, it's fine, um, seriously, it's cool. It's cool. Just...you can take it out for a test drive" Calvin said.

"Cal, what's the matter?" Brody asked.

"I think I know...are you sure you want to tell them?" I said. 

"It's ok and I have to agree with Kanan, if you want to tell them, it's up to you" Hayley said.

"I don't know how to drive..." Calvin started to say as the others didn't believe him. "Cars or motorcycles" he said.

"Hold on, you drive your truck all the time, right?" Preston asked.

Calvin was about to say something but Hayley beat him to it.

"Actually, I'm his personal chauffeur. You never noticed at all" Hayley said as she showed us Calvin's keys when she took his hand.

"I don't get it. You really love working on cars so much, why don't you like to drive 'em?" Brody said.

"One time when me and Kanan was little before she moved to Japan, we went onto the Go-Kart track and we had a Go-Kart each so that we can race around, like a fun competition. The next thing I knew, I was swimming out of a duck pond and Kanan helped me out of the pond. And even since that crash, driving scares me to death" Calvin said.

Brody was thinking for a moment. "Sarah, Kanan, you two are speed experts. How about the two of you teach me and Calvin on how to ride a motorcycle? That way, you will see that it isn't that scary" he suggested.

"Ok, yeah, I'll make it my mission boys" Sarah said.

"Me too!" I said.

🐤DRAGON MASTER🐤

All of us were outside and the others were cheering on me and Brody since the two of us were driving our motorcycles while doing some tricks. Little did I know...someone was watching me.

"What? How are they driving that fast?" Calvin asked.

"You've got this, Calvin" Preston said.

"You can do it, Calvin" Hayley said.

"Yeah, right" Calvin said as he's starting to drive his motorcycle, which was small.

"I thought that I would start him off small" Sarah explained to the others.

"He will be! Go Calvin!" Preston said.

Calvin ended up crashing into a metal trashcan and fell onto the ground.